Id please?

gradth

Thanks Steve. The beauty is I have a big tank and not alot of corals, so I have plenty of room to keep it away from things.

I would tweez out all those asterina starfish that I see in the background. some are ok and some are not...

I dont see any in this pic. I do have a few in the tank but not a lot.

Whats the problem with them?

A smaller hydno with plenty of room is not a bad thing. I have a quarter size piece that I keep around just in case I want to kill off xenia or palys or GSP. All I need to do is put the piece of hydno near what I want and it acts like a mafia hit man. On larger pieces the sweeper tentacles can and do reach out up to 9 or 12 inches!!! (scary)

I didn't see any asterinas in the picture either, but did not look for more than 2 seconds for them. Ones that are white and black are just fine, except they are reported to eat coraline algae. If you have some that have other colors in them (mostly red), they are reported to eat some corals. I had some that were colored (green and red) and spent a long time picking them out. Now most of the ones that I see are white and black. I can use to loose a little coraline off the glass!

dsoz

where's waldo the asterina

Thanks Steve. The beauty is I have a big tank and not alot of corals, so I have plenty of room to keep it away from things.

I dont see any in this pic. I do have a few in the tank but not a lot.