Gauging interest

reefnjunkie

I know a fellow refer started a thread titled something close to this and I am not sure if this is in violation or is posted in the wrong area ( I dont think so-(scratch))-I'll find out soon I guess but here goes.

I have a duncan that is getting TO BIG-I am planning on fragging it up into small frags most likely 3 heads + and was wondering if there was any interest in frags once I do-

They will be less than half of the typical 25 dollars per head that I usually see and depending on interest would determine how many frags I make up-

This thing is tightly "grouped" so it will be tough.

I will keep all frags until they are healed so they will be healthy.

I am going to try and make it about 30.00 per frag of 3 heads or so.

Anyway, I know a lot of people have Duncans so maybe it wont happen and I'll try to make a trade for the whole colony.

Any input from the masses as to if you may want in on it ?

P1100573.jpg

your duncans are so cool Brad. You sure you want to frag it up? I like how you got the purple tang to pose next to it to give perspective.

I would be interested if you do "part it out"

By the way where did you get the frag plugs that look like rocks that we got the sunset tyree monti?

your duncans are so cool Brad. You sure you want to frag it up? I like how you got the purple tang to pose next to it to give perspective.

I would be interested if you do "part it out"

By the way where did you get the frag plugs that look like rocks that we got the sunset tyree monti?

That tang and my lawn mower blenny are camera hogs-every time I take it out they are right in front-if I'm trying to get a shot of just a coral its tough-(laugh)

I may not cut it up but rather do some creative lanscaping and "prop it up" Its just getting BIG(ER)-I've been doing alot of "efficiency spacing" lately. I got 3 other acros I am afraid I may need to part with-(sad)

Those discs are made by Oceans Wonder-Tim is the only shop I know it town that carries them

I like the look when the coral grows out over it vs a round disc

• Like 1

Hey Brad, Could I come over when you frag it and watch the action? I might pick up that milli too.

Scott

ps. I can't get those zoas to open up again. They were fine for 2 weeks at least but then something happened and they closed up. Do they like lots of flow or are they sensitive and like it calmer? All my other corals (except one other paly are doing fine). The Paly has most open but it seems a little defensive. Any thoughts?

That tang and my lawn mower blenny are camera hogs-every time I take it out they are right in front-if I'm trying to get a shot of just a coral its tough-(laugh)

Beautiful tang. We are going to get one when the FOWLR is up and running.

I may not cut it up but rather do some creative lanscaping and "prop it up" Its just getting BIG(ER)-I've been doing alot of "efficiency spacing" lately. I got 3 other acros I am afraid I may need to part with-(sad)

I think it's time you either seek professional help (nutty)or look into doing that wall build! (clap)

Those discs are made by Oceans Wonder-Tim is the only shop I know it town that carries them

I like those discs. They look way more natural! The sunset monti is doing great by the way. I will check out the acros when I get my milli frag!

Those are beautiful. Love your tang also.

Jay

Thanks, "she" is a camera hog-(laugh)

Hey Brad, Could I come over when you frag it and watch the action? I might pick up that milli too.

Scott

ps. I can't get those zoas to open up again. They were fine for 2 weeks at least but then something happened and they closed up. Do they like lots of flow or are they sensitive and like it calmer? All my other corals (except one other paly are doing fine). The Paly has most open but it seems a little defensive. Any thoughts?

I think I sold that milli, but I have fragged 4 more of which3 sold and I have one left, I am waiting for it to heal up.

I am leaning towards keeping the Duncan Whole and not fragging it. It is very tightly grouped as far as "stems" or whatever they are called (but you get the idea) and would be very tough to frag it "cleanly"

I picked up a few plugs and am going to get creative and make a "post" for it to reside on. I bought this as a single head from Soutas in Jan 09 so its taken awhile to get to the size it is-I hate to cut it, but if the post idea does not work I just may..

On the zoas-I would not say calm but not blowing over, I have them in a good flow area and about half way up in my tank under a 14K 250MH.

I assume all your levels are fine-I've had zoas do that-go into lock down for a week or two then BAM they open-anythng near it possibly making them bothered???

I wish I had the magic answer, sorry