What places to visit in Salem?

bswe22

You should definitely check out the Premium Aquarium. Garret's the owner and he has a nice little garage set up with great prices. I have heard good things about the Coral Reef Pet Center but when we tried to check it out, it was closed. Very unique! It is tucked away inside a gun shop! Hard to find if you are not looking for it! Gives a whole new meaning to the term Trigger Fish!(laugh)

I crack myself up!

That happened to Jon, Josh and I when we went up to davy jones' locker! It was even more of a pain to find then code 3!! And when we did find it there was a note on the door that says open at 12 on Sundays! That was good though, cause then we wen to a different store, one that is not sponsored here and found some crazy amazing deals!! Tell him Clay says hi!!! He's a great guy, very honest and an all around funny mutha!!! LOL!

Clay

Clay

Jason's a great guy-(Coral Reef) claims to hate fish, but has lovely aquariums. Yes, he's got a company called "Black Water Tactical" in front, and there's usually a blue/red led flasher in the window. Look for the Subway sandwich shop across the street from the US Bank on State St just east of 12th by the RR tracks. State St. runs east/west, but is a one way eastbound split at 13th. Can make it tricky to get there- If you're headed west on State St. the best bet is to turn south (left) at the light at 14th and immediately go west (right) through the alley through the education department parking area. If you're eastbound on State St from 12th St. there are 4 street parking places there in front of Subway. If you miss 'em, turn right at 14th and go around the block.

Now can someone tell me how to get to Davey Jones's and Garretts? And Clay, please pm me the "different" store info? I'm always looking for peeps in Salem- Thanks!

Sorry I didn't get on here before the meeting today- but I'm looking forward to being on here more often from here on out. It was great to meet those of you I met- hi again to the 2 Mikes, Isaac, Brian and Ryan! Thanks for letting me crash the party!

I've just finished cleaning my new 7.48 gallon nano tank and am planning what to put in it! The frags are safely stowed in their new rock crevices, and I'm hoping they like it there!

I've also added a photo for the very first time here- hope you enjoy it!

• 4 weeks later...
Does anybody have the phone number for the man in salem with the store out of his garage' date=' ive heard once you go there thats the only place that you ever want to go again..of course your just driving around getting your Reef fix..thanks[/quote']

You must be thinking of Garrett. Send him a PM, username garrettm85.

Just don't like giving away phone numbers without their knowing about it.

Unique places for coral in Eugene

I say this post and it made me think of this new guy that I have been buying soft corals from. I met this guy off that coralboard.com site and was blown away with his coral room of softies galore. If you are in the eugene area call this guy ian @ 415 272 5889. If you are looking for mushrooms, ricordeas, and rodactics then this is the guy. He had over 8 9' longs tanks filled with softies... crazy

• 3 weeks later...
how do i get ahold of garret in salem? and is he open on mondays?

Send him a PM thru this site.

He will get back to you. He is very good about doing that.

And he can set up a time with you.

I do not like to hand out phone numbers without his OK!

HTH