baby tomato clowns

talkalot82

My clowns are 14 days old now and they have color. they are pink tummys too and I know one is definately eating flakes. my temp is at 78 degrees so they are going to be stragglers I think.

I have about six and not any pics yet. I try not to bother them they are in metimophise and it's a very hard time for a clown fish. I didn't start out with too many only ten eggs. so I have lost four so not bad. The clowns seemed to have laid the eggs on two different surfaces and I couldn't get them all.

The parents are just about ready to lay more eggs, but I have limited space in my little apartment so I will have to let these next ones go I think

So I came home from work today to find all my clowns were dead. I dont know what happened. I had no ammonia, nitrates, nitrites. my p gravity was at 1.021, and my tempture was at 79 degrees. they had all their foods rotifers and baby brine no more than 24 hours old. I deshelled my brine before hatching. they were even eating flakes. they were getting into metemophic and everything. No one was home so I doudt they went into shock. I've been doing my water changes, and using the drip method to put water back into the tank. they had proper lighting. they showed no signes of over eating and or under eating. no bloody spots in the tummy showing a torn up tummy. and all of them. I'd say maybe choking but it was all of them. I am confused. I dont know what did them in. not brine or rotifer water ever went into the tank. Im just so confused. they were doing so well. I even had the air up real high. they could still swim in there however. they were hanging by the tank corners alot but they didnt get stuck in one. they were eating. I even had them on some flakes. what happened? any guesses?

oh and I got a new book. seems really cool very detailed and technical. Eric at liquid sunshine suggested it to me. If anyone gets time you might want to check it out. Its called Conditioning, spawning and rearing of fish with emmphasis on marine clownclown fish by Frank H Hoff. Its basicly touch basis with the Clownfishies book and also had a bit more to say too. More trouble shooting as well. No Pics though, and in not so much lamo terms like the clownfishie books either but still good reading if you like to read like I do. Half way through it too. at page 128.

Matt wittenrich is it good? Oh so I went to liquid today and upgraded to an ADA tank less seals and it's basicly a 20 high tank. Im gutting out the plant stuff of course. giving it away. but I figure this way I can have a bit more water and it can also be my grow out tank giving that I'm just raising the fry for fun. Eric at liquid gave me a great buy on it. He wasn't going to sale it, but he likes me so he sold it to me. and gave me a great deal. I possible at one time single handly kept him in bussiness with my wants.