Xbox 360 Live Madden 10 + 52" Samsung 1080p 120HZ = OMG!!!

R-3

Wow why did I wait so long is the real question. I saw myself before this as a pretty casual gamer only loggin in 2 hours a week :) I think that has all changed now.

On Friday I bought one of those wireless things that hooks to the back off craigslist for $30 so I could do Xbox Live. I also had a 1 month freebie card layin around since the dawn of time that I finally now have no excuse not to use. So I played a couple games on my old TV and couldnt really get into it. My old projection TV wasnt cutting it. But then.......

I bought a 52" 1080P 120hz Samsung for $1000 at Fred Meyers on Sunday. It was normally $2100 and they were just blowing them out. I even had to drive to Beaverton to get it but it was sooooo worth it. I cant believe how awesome everything looks on this TV. I watched the Pro Bowl and the Grammys last night in HD and I couldnt believe my eyes. Now I wonder how I lasted so long without it :)

So tonight I decided to bring the 360 downstairs and hook it up to the new TV. WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! This thing is nuts. I can see why some of these guys on Live dont get much done. This is gonna get addicting. Madden is unbelievable on it. I just dont know how it can get much better. I am so stoked! Anyway its 2:30am and I am just ramblin...............

PS- Did anyone buy the HDMI cord for the Xbox 360? How much better is it than the component one I am using now?

Not sure about the 360 as I run Component as well-I think the only adv. is not having to use the additional cable for audio-

Nice TV-Im an junkie when it comes to Home theater as well.

Do your self a favor and DONT go see the LED set that Samsung has had out for awhile.

Frys is across the freeway from my office, and I visit that place way to much. They got that LED set right up front and that thing makes my jaw drop every time.

Being an early adopter, I had 1080P before they had media that took advantage of it. Now my stuff is "outdated"-LOL

A guy at Frys mentioned a year ago 1920P

Now I read they are out there-cant wait for virtual reality

Not sure about the 360 as I run Component as well-I think the only adv. is not having to use the additional cable for audio-

Do your self a favor and DONT go see the LED set that Samsung has had out for awhile.

Frys is across the freeway from my office, and I visit that place way to much. They got that LED set right up front and that thing makes my jaw drop every time.

Being an early adopter, I had 1080P before they had media that took advantage of it. Now my stuff is "outdated"-LOL

Yeah both Sears and Video Only told me the only thing better than a Samsung LCD is a Samsung LED :)

Im impressed. So do you think there is a big difference between the component and HDMI for the XBOX 360?? I think the component looks pretty amazing to me (rock2)

PS- Did anyone buy the HDMI cord for the Xbox 360? How much better is it than the component one I am using now?

I would bet for the xbox not a huge difference, but in movies (blue ray especially) you will notice a difference. Particularly with fine things like thin white text on a black screen, hair, smoke, etc. I don't have an xbox but my ps3 only has a HDMI plug. Going from my component dvd to a hdmi dvd was night and day difference.

And remember a "regular" hdmi is only a few bucks' date=' I have a few spares laying around at all times since they are so cheap online and so expensive local.[/quote']

Yeah Im gonna order some through Monoprice :)

You guys are sooooooo evil for posting things like this, do you know that?

My gf + XBOX 360 + Ryan's TV + Awesome FPS = I would never get to talk to her agian

Me + XBOX 360 + Ryan's TV + Dragon Age Origins = I would be single inside a week.

you guys royally blow for this, now I have to hide this from her.

I hate all of you..........

so wrong LOL

You guys are sooooooo evil for posting things like this, do you know that?

My gf + XBOX 360 + Ryan's TV + Awesome FPS = I would never get to talk to her agian

Me + XBOX 360 + Ryan's TV + Dragon Age Origins = I would be single inside a week.

you guys royally blow for this, now I have to hide this from her.

I hate all of you..........

so wrong LOL

LOL (laugh) too funny

What kind of character are you playing with in Dragon Age?

• 2 months later...

Off topic alert! Moderators do what you have to do......(enforcer)(fishhit)(brick)

Just curious... Why was my "[language filter] is your Avatar" thread changed

but OMFG can be in this title... Does it stand for something than what I think?

Over My Fish Guts? One More Fish guy? One More Frag to Glue?(scratch)

I'm all for it R-3. I like the title of your thread.

I just thought [language filter] is your Avatar had a much nicer ring than "what is your Avatar"(censored)

(backtotopic)

The 1920 this person mentioned is actually the horizontal resolution of 1080p/1080i rather than the vertical. (1920 x 1080) It is a fairly common mistake for salesman to make whether intentional or accidental.

Bout time!!!!!! (laugh)

I love playing my PS3 online.

Don't neglect your tank now Ryan!!! :p

Component cables support up to 1080i

HDMI supports up to 1080p

You won't be able to tell the difference between the 2 with the naked eye.

Both cables will support 1080p. HDMI has 2 differences. First is that it supports audio over the same cable as video and second is that it includes HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) to prevent the signal from being converted to other formats. (I.E. Copy Protection)

Off topic alert! Moderators do what you have to do......(enforcer)(fishhit)(brick)

Just curious... Why was my "[language filter] is your Avatar" thread changed

but OMFG can be in this title... Does it stand for something than what I think?

Over My Fish Guts? One More Fish guy? One More Frag to Glue?(scratch)

I'm all for it R-3. I like the title of your thread.

I just thought [language filter] is your Avatar had a much nicer ring than "what is your Avatar"(censored)

(backtotopic)

Just got missed, i'll fix it.