RODI unit, how it works...

vanz

Okay...(scratch) hooked up the RODI unit...followed diagram and everything seems to be connected correctly. Water is leaking, but I'll fix that soon. My question is, is there suppose to be a lot of water coming out of the waste water line when I turn on the faucet adapter? It seems like it's going in and out the other end real quick. Maybe I packed too much resin in the DI compartment? TIA!

OH yeah, more quesitons. I don't wanna be wasteful of the water...is it still good to water the plants or something? Maybe I can use it for something else? The city of beaverton has been raising water prices like crazy. They are planning another hike very soon. Can't believe my water bill nearly doubled.

I wouldn't have thought there would be any waste with ro/di. I assumed that's what the filter media was for...cathing the bad stuff and keeping it. Guess I'll do more research before sinking the $ or putting on my bday list. For those of us who own homes, we usually pay separatly for disposal of water, no matter where it goes....they calculate the gallons of water used and assume they're getting it all back down the drain.

I live in an apartment so I can't tap into the plumbing. I have to pay water and on top of that sewage fees. My old apartment always took care of those...I guess charging water will make us use it more wisely.

So I have a 4 gallon tank, to fill it up, should I just let the water run for about an hour and then shut it off? This is a 100 gpd unit. How would you know if the tank is full?

the turn over is about 6 to 1' date=' ALL NEW UNITS HAVE TO BE SETUP, there is a flow restricter in the yellow (waiste) line, follow the directions, and measurements[/quote']

My unit has a waste water valve to flush off the membrane, it's completely in the close mode and water is running off. I guess the 6 to 1 looks like what I am seeing. And directions? aquasafe's customer service is good, but their directions are horrible. (laugh)

at the waiste line connection, inside the tube, is a smaller tube inside it.depending on your water pressure, you will cut it, very little at a time to get 6 to 1, and you will need to measure the amount of bothe waiste and good, if you go lower, 4 to one, yes you save water, but will ware out the membrane twice as fast, so don't

They arent all 6-1. Kinetico units are 3-1.

As for ruining the membrane, that Kinetico using waste at 3-1 has been in for 12 yrs and still makes 5 tds water vs my brand new cheapo that makes 7tds. BTW, there is absolutely no setup for Kinetico, but then again its quite a bit more money and quite a bit better quality unit.

I used to try and save some of the waste water. I get about 4 to 1 ratio. It was more hassel than it was worth. After my 8th flood from having my RO bucket overflow and not noticing it, i fill it in the laundry tub now. No more floods :D Since i hard plumbed it i don't have to worry about the waste line either.

My 3gal tank fills in about an hour, maybe less. You will know is full when water stop coming out the waste line.

I used to try and save some of the waste water. I get about 4 to 1 ratio. It was more hassel than it was worth. After my 8th flood from having my RO bucket overflow and not noticing it, i fill it in the laundry tub now. No more floods :D Since i hard plumbed it i don't have to worry about the waste line either.

My 3gal tank fills in about an hour, maybe less. You will know is full when water stop coming out the waste line.

I'll have to do a test and time it tonight. I still have to dump whatever is in the tank. I didn't let it go until the line stopped.

no, thats not it.

http://www.superiorwatersupplies.com/site/1252473/product/ZWKIT

Thats just one I searched for real quick, I'm sure there are others to be had for less money.

I'm all about saving water....but with that price tag....ummm...(laugh)

I'll see if I can find those kits for cheaper. But if not, I'll just use the waste water to water plants, make water balloons, slip and slide, or like some here do laundry.