Any one run a UV light in their reef tank

Danik

I run a 57w and a 40w aqua uv on my two tanks but I'm not really sure they do anything. The only fish that has ever showed ich is my achilles tang but it went away fairly quickly, so it might be doing something.

When I setup the new tank I am going to re-plumb my system and use these on my piping to my uv so I know exactly how much flow is running to it. I think I am going to put one on my chiller/heater and skimmer also.

http://www.blue-white.com/Products/VariableArea/F-300/pitot_productpage.asp

If you do decide to run UV, i recommend the aqua UV or the emporor aquatics units, both solid performers.

Mike

Mike do you run them 24/7?

I run a 57w and a 40w aqua uv on my two tanks but I'm not really sure they do anything. The only fish that has ever showed ich is my achilles tang but it went away fairly quickly, so it might be doing something.

When I setup the new tank I am going to re-plumb my system and use these on my piping to my uv so I know exactly how much flow is running to it. I think I am going to put one on my chiller/heater and skimmer also.

http://www.blue-white.com/Products/VariableArea/F-300/pitot_productpage.asp

If you do decide to run UV, i recommend the aqua UV or the emporor aquatics units, both solid performers.

Mike