Weird clownfish behavior

moovinfast

I have 2 small false percs in my large tank. They have taken to hosting some orange zoas during the day and at night they host a finger leather. They wedge themselves in it so well, you can hardly see them. I have lost of things for them to host too. Bubble coral, hammer, xenia, anemones, but no. They picked a finger leather. But on a good note, in my other tank we have 2 pink skunk clowns and a fire shrimp. And the fire shrimp has taken to cleaning them and they really like it.

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped being surprised. I have one cinnamon that hosts my RBTA and does a superb job at it. My black and white clowns host a frogspawn and my orange one hosts some zoos. Both the black amd white and the orange seem to go from one coral to the next though and are not really dedicated to any specific one.

• 1 month later...
Guest HENARRY JAYA

It is perfectly natural This is the male's way of attracting and pairing with the female. He is showing off. At least now you know which is the female. The female is just showing she is boss by chasing him. Chances are since you have no other clowns in the tank, they will pair up.

They may pair up and you may have little ones in the near future.