Plumbing question

Lowman

I have 2 3/4" returns and 2 1" drains on my new tank. It is glass so i don't want to drill it. My question is could I use the two returns as closed loop drains and return the water over the back of the tank? I would still use the 1" drains to drain into the sump and plumb the return pump over the back also.

Or do any of you folks have a better idea?

I think ya would halfto plump them eather over the overflow to inside the tank or bulkhead the side of the overflow . Ya just cant take the water from inside the overflow because it is also feeding your sump and the combined returns would be to much for the overflows to handle.

Or do any of you folks have a better idea?

Is this the Tech120?

you will have nothing but headaches and microbubbles if you use the overflow to plumb a CL.

Unless you were to drill through the overflow, and put bulkheads on the inside of the tank. Then connect to the overflow drains.

Pick up a set of Tunzes or Vortechs and call it a day.

Is this the Tech120?

you will have nothing but headaches and microbubbles if you use the overflow to plumb a CL.

Unless you were to drill through the overflow, and put bulkheads on the inside of the tank. Then connect to the overflow drains.

Pick up a set of Tunzes or Vortechs and call it a day.

I agree with Jon. Just buy a nice set of Tunzes or Vortechs!