Brightwell Neo Zeo

Frank

I tried it and got a nice thick coat of brown algae/diatoms/bacteria all over everything. Was going slow to. It had happend to other's as well so, I discontinued it. Brown slime went away.

I would just start very slowly with it see what happens. Hopefully you won't get any brown slime problems.

Dennis

I am using it now. The problem I had was using Reef Bio Fuel, so I use vodka instead and everything seems fine. I have been using vodka method for a while. Then I had outbreak of red bacterial mats, not cyano something else, started using MB7 and it went away. Recently I added NeoZeo and Potasion (really light on potasion). I also have been dosing vitiamin c, just the pure powder from FredMyer. As far as as vodka and MB7, IMO is a proven method. What I read on forums the BioFuel seem to cause the cyano outbreaks.

That said I also run a lot of carbon, and GFO.

I have been running Elos Filtra M, which is zeolith similar to Brightwell's.

I have been running it in filter bag in sump but this weekend will stick it in TLF reactor...also dosing VSV, MB7 and Zeobac. I also run GFO/carbon in TLF reactor in sump.

Recently put powerhead in sump and powerhead in overflow to agitate and stir things up so they could get filtered out.

All of these things have FINALLY gotten my nitrates down to zero and phosphates down to .06...

Corals are showing appreciation.

I chose Elos as smaller rock size means increased surface area...I don't have enough room in sump for zeovit reactor and while can't deny the beauty of zeovit tanks, I have trouble with seeing large stones proviing much surface area.

There is more than one way to skin a cat...(OMG, I'm a veterinarian)

DrMerle

Pics

Finally got around to posting some pics, not the greatest camera. And to add to the problem my light went out so I replaced it with an old 14K bulb. The first set I took about mid September and the second today. I stated the NeoZeo three weeks ago, that reminds me I need to add more this week. Also the increased growth could be just that I added fresh GFO and carbon around the same time. I didn't take a picture of it but I have a purple acro that was turning brown, now it looks like it recovered.:D

post-5726-141867751458_thumb.jpg

post-5726-14186775146_thumb.jpg

post-5726-141867751461_thumb.jpg

post-5726-141867751462_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...