KevMans New 80G Build

Kevman

Adding and landscaping rock

I moved around some rock and will be moving another 40-50 lb from my two other tanks this weekend..

I heard leaving the T5 bulbs on 24hs a day for the first week will help get Corraline growing.. I am also leaving the Skimmer off except for 6hrs during the day...

Any thoughts?

Still looking for MH reflectors ,two of them.(whistle)

post-6038-141867752179_thumb.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping the light's on all day isn't necessary, Coraline is a lower light thing, It thrives with lower lighting. Just keep your cal and KH up at normal levels and the stuff will grow like crazy. I got some dry base rock about 3 weeks ago and they are already getting small spots of it growing all over it.

Keeping the light's on all day isn't necessary' date=' Coraline is a lower light thing, It thrives with lower lighting. Just keep your cal and KH up at normal levels and the stuff will grow like crazy. I got some dry base rock about 3 weeks ago and they are already getting small spots of it growing all over it.[/quote']

I'll have to go back and read, but I thought that is what they said....Anyways who knows how old the article and how old that thinkin is...

I moved around some rock and will be moving another 40-50 lb from my two other tanks this weekend..

I heard leaving the T5 bulbs on 24hs a day for the first week will help get Corraline growing.. I am also leaving the Skimmer off except for 6hrs during the day...

Any thoughts?

Still looking for MH reflectors ,two of them.(whistle)

I have one.......$10.00

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is UP

Well Its been up and running about a week. I have torn down the NANO, and 29G almost completlly. It still has a couple clowns in it for now.. But I am happy so far.. I am waiting for my second coat of Polyurathane to dry then one more. So I can put the Canopy on with the 2-400W 14000K Bulbs and 2-36in Actinics...

I have a 36 in 3 bulb T8 setup on it for now.. Just a couple more days for the bulbs to arrive and the Top to dry!!!(clap)

I wish I had a better camera, but when I do I will take some better pics for you all to see as well....

Thanks for looking(whistle)

post-6038-141867752537_thumb.jpg

post-6038-14186775254_thumb.jpg

post-6038-141867752543_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Your tank is looking great!

Thank you...Im still looking to do alittle aquascaping. And I have some frags I need to get mounted, but Im very happy with it..

;)(rock2)

Im going to have to change my Avatar, now that that tank has been takin down.

Thanks

Looking good. You should really be able to grow some sps with 400's on a 80 gallon tank! What 14k bulbs are you using? Be carefull with the yellow wrasse. I bought the same one a couple months ago from Jason's' date=' he really enjoyed eating all my snails and crabs![/quote']

Thanks Mike, The 14000K is a Plusrite.. I think its alright, but I have my XM20000 on the right side of the tank where the Corals are...I have had my Wrasse for about 8 months and he doesnt touch any of my Crabs or Snails. As for as I know!! I havent noticed and empties!!(laugh)

• 2 weeks later...

New Pics of Tank and Coral

Here are a few more pics of the new coral, and some of the ones from my old Tank....They are all doing great. getting great polyp extension and color.

So I thought I would show off....(clap)(rock2)

post-6038-14186775269_thumb.jpg

post-6038-141867752693_thumb.jpg

post-6038-141867752696_thumb.jpg

post-6038-141867752699_thumb.jpg

post-6038-141867752703_thumb.jpg