Firestorm Over on RC

USCG CWO

I totally understand why they did it. I have less then 50 over there and I happen to agree' date=' just saying some folks are mighty upset.[/quote']

I dont think sometimes it takes much for stuff to fall apart over there. It is by far one of the greatest wealths of knowledge if reefing but it does have (edited by Moderator 3)

yea I saw that. I thought the selling part was good but for people who are just getting into reefing, and are looking to make their tanks better as they get advice, it makes it a big hassle. I think they should allow buying but not selling. That way it makes sure people are not coming over to scam or just get the stuff sold then get out. I haven't been over on RC much but what little amount I have, I've noticed that it is ran by a bunch of communists! Dictators I tell ya. They are plain rude to most people on posts. They only have me coming back to their site because I need a few specific items that I can't find used locally and can't afford new. I actually like helping people out in the various forums over there but I hate that I am now forced to do it by a bunch of (not appropriate language)

I agree with snowpunk on the part of not being able to sell, but being able to buy. I do like how much they have as far as info goes over there, but I prefer to buy and sell on this forum. It's small enough that credibility is easy to find out. In a small group like this you can establish credibility or lose it easily. I think the mods fair, but a lot of people are very uptight about stuff. In a forum that big you have to keep a tight reign on people so I understand the mods, but I don't think some people should be allowed to say what they do there.

Thats funny...... went there just yesterday for this. I wanted to see if i could find a used CO2 regulator and couldnt find the "classified" section, must of tried for 10-15 minutes when I finally came across that post. Oh well I guess I see their point, maybe someone from here can be our designated "RC classified searcher" when we need something or better yet maybe I'll log on at 1-2am and answer every post right down the line :D

Thats funny...... went there just yesterday for this. I wanted to see if i could find a used CO2 regulator and couldnt find the "classified" section' date=' must of tried for 10-15 minutes when I finally came across that post. Oh well I guess I see their point, maybe someone from here can be our designated "RC classified searcher" when we need something or better yet maybe I'll log on at 1-2am and answer every post right down the line :D[/quote']

lol I wonder how many people are going to be posting random stuff as well!

Just for the record I was banned in 02. But with a different IP and name I'm back. They are the most conceited eragent group of . . . . on ANY forum I have ever been to.

I agree completely... The only thing they have going for them is the sheer number of users that frequent that site. If this forum was run like that it would be a ghost town. Thankfully we have great people running ours;)

The mods right now are complaining about what they are now calling "post slamming". No good posts for no good reason.

LOL at post slamming. I had a few things for sale that did not move here and I never posted over there after opeining a user 5 months ago.

I knocked out 49 "slams" on a Saturday-just replying with "sounds good'

"good luck" "im sure someone has those...."

Got my 50 and sold my stuff.

SLAM

Just for the record I was banned in 02. But with a different IP and name I'm back. They are the most conceited eragent group of a..holes on ANY forum I have ever been to.

Thats how I feel about Reef Sanctuary-IMO.

I evicted myself

The 50 post policy for viewing the sales forum will hurt the user base in the long run. They are not only discouraging users from selling until they reach a certain post count (Not a bad thing however it will only keep a small number of people away as it's easy to defeat as Byrd mentioned) but they are also hurting the sellers by limiting the potential buyers to members only that have posted 50 times. I now have less reason to be a member and try to sell anything there as I want to reach the widest audience I can. Combine that with the attitudes and it pretty much eliminates any reason for becoming a member. (I haven't really found anything there for information that wasn't available elsewhere anyway)

LOL anything to make those (that's just not nice) jobs harder!! Still pissed they banned me from selling/buying. Actually i can still read the buy/sell forums, and i tried to make a post and it worked, i just never hit submit. I hope they screwed up and I can still buy/sell but i'm waiting for it to cool off a bit.