Best Algae eaters.

Ocean In a Box

can't let them starve but a brown sea hair(maybe blue for a nano) would be the best bet. They will mow it down like no other. They will die if the food runs really low though so be prepared to trade him off or put him in another tank with lots of algae build up. I've battled this stuff since I got my 75g and sally's have done little to nothing for me. Emeralds put a good dent in it, red legged hermits help a little, but the seahair is a force to be reckoned with compaired to all the others. Browns tend to come in a lot bigger then blue spotted though so blue may be more appropriate. Rose City got me a brown that was like 8":eek:. RIP, he didn't make it through the heat this summer. My only loss.... Hope it helps

All good stuff. We did try a sea hair' date=' but it died before it ate a thing.[/quote']

Something else I noticed about the blues(since I have had a few) is they will eat eat eat, then they "lay eggs" or something and die off a few weeks after. 2 times this has happened to me. it lays down what looks like mini intestines or something then shortly after I find it dead(scratch). I haven't had that happen with the brown ones though, they seem to live very well...

Be careful about putting crabs in nanos.. it's great to get rid of algae but often when that is gone there isn't enough in the system to keep them full so some of them will turn to corals. Not always, but often.. that's why I don't put any more than 2 hermits and no emeralds/etc in my biocube.

Also, nano-reef.com is an amazing resource for fixing nano issues!