Purple crap

v3x3d

Is there a good way to get rid of cyano (if that's what it's called)? Purple slimy stuff is spreading around my tank. It's on the rocks and the sand right now and I'm getting worried.

I'm not sure what it's due to, but I get RO/DI water from a thing at the grocery store.

Have you ever tested the water that you get from the grocery store with a TDS meter? I have heard that a lot of those units are not maintained properly and the water that comes out is not pure. Really there are so many things that can cause cyano that it is hard to say what will work for you. Just change one thing at a time wait for a little while and then try something else.

Mighty nice offer(kidding) " I get free water I'll charge you like 15 cents a gallon!" R2

He does have to pay for RO filters etc.

Im not a big fan of using chemicals all the time, but I have found that after using chemiclean (in conjunction with stuff stated above) it has gone away. I think whipping it out once with chemiclean can help the process if you have the flow and water conditions to prevent it.

I'm with Joel. Chemiclean is great stuff. I had a cyno outbreak and I tried eveything listed above. In fact I tried every single remedy posted that i could find on various boards. I battled for 4 months. Then one day I tried chemiclean, it went away overnight and i haven't seen a single patch since. That was about 9-10 months ago.

I'm with Joel. Chemiclean is great stuff. I had a cyno outbreak and I tried eveything listed above. In fact I tried every single remedy posted that i could find on various boards. I battled for 4 months. Then one day I tried chemiclean' date=' it went away overnight and i haven't seen a single patch since. That was about 9-10 months ago.[/quote']

You sound like an 3am infomercial for the stuff (clap) (clap) (laugh) (laugh) , they should pay you or at least give you some for free.