Aquarium soundproofing

Parzifal

I have put several types of soundproofing in aquarium stands and am wondering what all of your experiences are with different products. If you could list the types you have used and how well they worked that would be fantastical.

• 1 month later...
I've got alot of noise coming from my drain. It is a 1 1/2" bulkhead...any tips on reducing the "gurgling" from the overflow drain? It seems like the noise is coming from the intake' date=' not where the water drains into the sump.[/quote']

Take some pics of the overflow and maybe we can come up with some ideas. I have mine pretty darn quiet now.

their are a few options for silent overflows now, just have to see what your working with so we can help to come up with a plan to fix it. My new tank will have a BeanAnimal overflow which seems to be the best known way to go but you have to plan for it since most overflows don't have room for it. I have a Hoffer Gurgle Buster on my little overflow now since I am cramped for space. It's easily made with $5 worth of plumbing and a dremel, and once adjusted is 99% silent. Just get a picture up if you can and maybe give us the overflow dimensions too:)