Tiling tank area

impur

Well we got an important step done this weekend. Next is to build the actual tank, then ready to set it up. We got the tile done up to the current tank. We'll setup the new tank next, after i build it, and let it do its thing, then slowly start to transfer stuff over.

The tiling was easier than we thought. It worked out perfectly, we didn't have to cut a single tile.

100_2528.jpg

100_2530.jpg

100_2531.jpg

100_2532.jpg

• Like 1

wonderboard down

100_2533.jpg

100_2534.jpg

Set out the tile again to be sure it all fits perfect

100_2535.jpg

This is the tile we are using.

100_2529.jpg

Finished product. Forgot to take pics of the actual tiling but its pretty much similar to laying the thinset for the backboard above

100_2545KDC.jpg

100_2546KDC.jpg

100_2537.jpg

100_2538.jpg

100_2539.jpg

100_2540.jpg

Thanks!

newfisher - (laugh) I went back and forth about having someone come do it for us. Lots of ppl on craigslist looking for work. But we saved a couple hundred bucks doing it outselves and it was much easier than i thought it would be.

I can't wait to start building the tank now!!

Thanks!

newfisher - (laugh) I went back and forth about having someone come do it for us. Lots of ppl on craigslist looking for work. But we saved a couple hundred bucks doing it outselves and it was much easier than i thought it would be.

I can't wait to start building the tank now!!

how big are you going on your tank?

Thanks! I still need to grout between the tiles but that should go pretty smoothly. That would look cool! But i'm going to put the new tank centered on the blue wall. There will be a tall table and 2 chairs in the corner, like bar style, or maybe a wetbar. I can't decide!