Stand size? You can help!

snowpunk

I'm in the planning stages of a tank stand and just wanted everyones thoughts on what height they think is best for a tank.

I currently have a 75g. The height is 21" tall and the bottom sits right at 30" tall. This puts the top of the hood almost right at eye level and the top of the tank at only 51". The long and short is it lets me get into the tank with ease but the viewing of the tank is hard. You have to kneel down or bend over. I was just curious as to other peoples setup sizes and what they would do if they were starting from scratch.

My new tank will be 24" tall and I would like it to be near eye level. I think I want to build it to be 40" tall making the top of the tank 64" tall. The hood will go over that so I will have to use a stool to get into the tank but thats fine.

Any input or thoughts would be great.

The first tank I had was too low at about 28", the second at about 34" was a little too high with a 24" tank. The last one is 32" with a 23" tank. I like it the best as it sits right at eye level when seated (It is directly in front of the couch and there are a couple of chairs near it to sit in) and it is easy to reach the bottom of the tank for me. (With the last one I had to get a stool to get to the bottom which I found annoying)

One option may be to build one that is 12" or so higher that would be closer to eye level when standing and then build a raised platform to stand on that sticks out about 12 inches. Might look kind of cool. Especially with a larger tank. You could actually make it so the platform has hinged doors on top to store stuff under them.