Reasons to love this hobby

Isaac

Not to mention it can be very calming and almost therapeutic.

Someone else doing the mantinence on your tank Isaac? :D

I never get more frustrated then when I am having to scrape, scape, and de-nitrate. Drives me nuts!

But where else can you play with testing kits and pretend your a mad scientist.

I guess the maintenance seems like a small price to pay for the enjoyment I get.

Someone else doing the mantinence on your tank Isaac? :D

I never get more frustrated then when I am having to scrape, scape, and de-nitrate. Drives me nuts!

But where else can you play with testing kits and pretend your a mad scientist.

Not to mention it can be very calming and almost therapeutic.

I come home from work & the first thing I do is grab a chair & sit at the tank & just stare and kind of decompress if you will.Also the beauty of the fish & corals & you kind of get attached to everything like all pets. Mike

I like watching sps grow. its really cool to see new growth from such a fragile and slow growing coral. Also I think making frags and starting a new coral for furture owners to enjoy and even frag. Its cool to think that one strain of coral can be all over the U.S. over time.

My main reason is the growth...I love watching the corals grow. Then it would be the people who are also in the hobby. They seem to be one of a kind. Also the fact that if all goes well your tank can actually support itself. OH, and how you never know what to expect.

My main reason is the growth...I love watching the corals grow. Then it would be the people who are also in the hobby. They seem to be one of a kind. Also the fact that if all goes well your tank can actually support itself. OH' date=' and how you never know what to expect.[/quote']

I hear that! Its always a surprise. Just yesterday I got to spend an hour fishing a false perc out of one of the compartments in the back of my tank. I thought he died like a week ago and the CUC ate him. Happened to spot a flash of orange when I was topping off the tank. Yay for nice tank surprises!

I love the taste of skim-mate. The smell of a well soaked carpet in the morning. The coral that looked fantastic yesterday, yea that was yesterday. Popped out fish eye on 2 of them. I guess I have to love it as I keep pushing forward. i love the fish eating out of my hands. Never had any neg. reactions to zoo's or the like. Wish i hadn't added some live rock that was buggy.............................. . Hard to give it all up when you have an excessive case of Reefer Madness

The god complex boost. :D (you know its sort of true ;)

I love having the tank to stare at and get lost in. Checking out what shell this hermit is wearing today, or the hole that guy lives in now. Oh wow, what is that? Never seen that before...It's a bit of gardening, biology, chemistry, art, animal husbandry, miniature scaling and dedication. All good things for me.

I hear that! Its always a surprise. Just yesterday I got to spend an hour fishing a false perc out of one of the compartments in the back of my tank. I thought he died like a week ago and the CUC ate him. Happened to spot a flash of orange when I was topping off the tank. Yay for nice tank surprises!

I had the same thing happen with my six line wrasse last week. I was ready to take my Emerald Crab out and make crab cakes out of it. I had looked in the rear sump of my bio cube for it & not seen him in 3 days, then when I was topping off my water I looked in & there he was swimming around having the time of his life.

I'm in aw of all of it! Even what I'm unable to learn/ understand but it's alive any way. I'm amazed every time I see what I was able to create. Getting lost in the view! What's not to love? Oh ya not being able to vacation' date=' retire.[/quote']

Hmm.... I like, trading, fragging, watching corals grow over months/years, watching brown or white corals turn glorious glowing colors, fish jumping tank only to land in the tank next to it, cryptic critters, macro forests, live rock that is so alive and full of sponges that there is no place to mount a coral without killing something else, watching euphylia fill a corner of the tank in just a few months, clowns hosting in anything with polyp extension, the strange blue glow coming from the windows, the prying police officers and neighbors, the sparkle of blue xenia and pavona, the orange glow of sunset montipora, quality tap water, new bulbs :), the once in a life time deals that seem to come by more than once in a life time, the hidden pistol shrimp, the con artist gorilla crab that I just couldn't kill, engineering gobies that really love to make a mess, watching arrow crabs pull bristle worms apart, watching bristleworms clean up a mess so that I don't have too, buying chocolate chip stars every couple of weeks to feed to the most evil and beautiful little creature out there, finding two heads of coral when you are sure that the last time you looked there was only one, medusa worms, codium, special sea floor grade sand, grumpy damsels, shy purple tangs, pipefish pecking at the eggcrate and rubble, wrasses hiding under the sand for a few days, spooking fish with mirrors :), purple rocks, purple corals, purple fish, not so much a bag of purple water with a coral skeleton floating, small mouthed lion fish, large mouthed sea horses, 2000w heaters, old maxi jets, Oregon tort, poker star monti, etc.

Garrett

Thats all? Just kidding! Great description of your setup!

Hmm.... I like, trading, fragging, watching corals grow over months/years, watching brown or white corals turn glorious glowing colors, fish jumping tank only to land in the tank next to it, cryptic critters, macro forests, live rock that is so alive and full of sponges that there is no place to mount a coral without killing something else, watching euphylia fill a corner of the tank in just a few months, clowns hosting in anything with polyp extension, the strange blue glow coming from the windows, the prying police officers and neighbors, the sparkle of blue xenia and pavona, the orange glow of sunset montipora, quality tap water, new bulbs :), the once in a life time deals that seem to come by more than once in a life time, the hidden pistol shrimp, the con artist gorilla crab that I just couldn't kill, engineering gobies that really love to make a mess, watching arrow crabs pull bristle worms apart, watching bristleworms clean up a mess so that I don't have too, buying chocolate chip stars every couple of weeks to feed to the most evil and beautiful little creature out there, finding two heads of coral when you are sure that the last time you looked there was only one, medusa worms, codium, special sea floor grade sand, grumpy damsels, shy purple tangs, pipefish pecking at the eggcrate and rubble, wrasses hiding under the sand for a few days, spooking fish with mirrors :), purple rocks, purple corals, purple fish, not so much a bag of purple water with a coral skeleton floating, small mouthed lion fish, large mouthed sea horses, 2000w heaters, old maxi jets, Oregon tort, poker star monti, etc.

Garrett

My tank is right where I sit at the kitchen bar, with my laptop and watching tv, but I watch my tank more.My fish know me and I know them, I love to watch my coral thrive.

But I have to say I am a Tinkerer ( To make unskilled or experimental efforts at repair; fiddle) I know that this tank or the next will never be finished or couldn't be improved, changed, altered,added to, etc,etc. I've always had a shop but now my blades are for acrylic, I have bins of pvc pipe, boxes of maxi and other pump parts, fittings, hose of all lenths and size.

I love this hobby (rock2)