Scopas tang?

theJenchild

Has anyone tried to keep one of these in a 40gallon? The one I'm looking at is quite small (about 2 inches) and I know that I would have to move it eventually. Would it bother my corals (zoanthids, softies, fungia) or clam? Would my clown fish be safe?

I want a blue tang, but I had never seen one of the scopas before and I really like it. So its now a contender if the consensus is that it would probably do ok.

So this Scopas tang rocks! I love it, such a neat looking fish. I do have a question though, I haven't seen mine eat yet. He ate enthusiastically at the store, but he's still afraid of me being near the tank so he hides when I come too close. How should I get him to eat?

So far I've been turning off the pumps, putting some pellets (that's what he ate at the store) in and stepping way far back from the tank. The trouble is that the pellets sink too fast and he's still hiding by the time they're on the bottom. Today I tried squirting some mysis behind the rock where he was hiding, but I don't know if he ate. Any thoughts?

On a brighter note, both of my peppermint shrimp crawled into my hands to take mysis today. That was REALLY cool.