Couple of new fish

Smann

Nice fish Steve, be prepared the Sohal Tang may become the most dominant fish you have. I've heard they are the most aggressive of the tangs but I think they are worth it cause they are so beautiful. I also think it's a little dependent on each fish.

Nice fish Steve' date=' be prepared the Sohal Tang may become the most dominant fish you have. I've heard they are the most aggressive of the tangs but I think they are worth it cause they are so beautiful. I also think it's a little dependent on each fish.[/quote']

Thanks for the info, Right now he is the runt of the pack so we'll see how it goes the yellow is letting him know whos boss

Spent several days visiting stores for something different, made two trips to Saltwater Fantaseas looking then settled on these.

The Tang was pretty spendy but alot less then on the internet shops and since I bought quite alot Patrick gave me about 20% off

So far They are doing well, very happy with them. I haven't had a Wrasse before so i'm not sure if its the same with all but this one burrows and sleeps under the sand!. Last night I was sitting here and I saw his head poke out of the sand then he just shot up and out. I've noticed at lights out somewhere in the tank there is a sand plume which I guess is him going down for the night...very entertaining watching him

Benny... The tang was listed at Fantaseas for 120.00 (yes I'm crazy) I bought some more fish and other stuff and Patrick gave me about 20% off the whole deal so 95.00 or so, I looked them up on the net and they go for 159 to 179

So far They are doing well, very happy with them. I haven't had a Wrasse before so i'm not sure if its the same with all but this one burrows and sleeps under the sand!. Last night I was sitting here and I saw his head poke out of the sand then he just shot up and out. I've noticed at lights out somewhere in the tank there is a sand plume which I guess is him going down for the night...very entertaining watching him

I think each type may be different. My six line has a hole in the rocks it sleeps in. (I can see it hiding in there at night)

DANG THAT WRASSE IS AMAZING!! I AM IN LOVE WITH THAT TANG!! I NEED ONE OF THOSE!! I WILL HAVE ONE!! OH, YES SHE WILL BE MINE!! LOL!! NOW THAT MY UNICORN TANG DIED, I THINK I FOUND MY REPLACEMENT!!

CLAY

HOW ABOUT A CHILLER FIRST (laugh)

I was under the impression that the twin spot wrasse was not reef safe? Am I wrong?

I don't know how accurate this is but you may want to look into it.

http://saltwater.tropicalfishandaquariums.com/Wrasses/ClownWrasse.asp

I did, seems to be fine feeds on sand critters, I do have a Manderin Goby though so I hope there is enough food for both so far so good. Depends on what article you read, most fish behave different in the wild compared to fish being fed daily in and aquarium, same with size.

thanks

And just for the record I did "buy" first and read later so we'll see

again thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...