Not bad growth in 1 month huh?

CA2OR

My asking price for them is and has been $50 a head (the heads seem to be quite large compared to others I see). I sold the last bunch for $20 a head but he bought all 20 or so. Second problem is that the lowest amount of heads I could get you right now is about 30 due to the way they grew like a ball instead of branching. But they are starting to branch....just going to be a few months or more till they are fraggable.

• 8 months later...

So I thought this was a good thread to post the latest 1 month miracle grower...

Here they are...started with 2 on 5-13-10

5-13-10

5-13-101-1.jpg

6-9-10

6-9-103.jpg

There are 7 visable, 2 babies under larger polyps, and 3 runners....

Now I am interested in seeing the next "race"....which grows faster" Blue Hornets or Red Hornets....we are both at 3

Blue Hornet 6-10-10

6-10-10BH.jpg

Red Hornet 6-10-10

6-10-10RH.jpg

They are pretty much side by side in the tank so this should be interesting

It just kind of brings me back to when I first started with reef tanks, the learning curve that went along with it and how easy it is to be made to believe that you need more then you really need.

I had a zoo/softie only tank set up in my garage for a while and I only ran a skimmer on it for maybe 4 hours a month, no sock, no anything other then a refugium and I had faster growth in that tank then I had ever seen anywhere. I did do water changes but it was only about 10 gallons in a 200 gallon system every month.

I have a nano setup now for my personal tank and I run a crappy little skimmer on it and have it filled with sps and lps as well as zoo's and the likes. I have exponential growth on everything! The only trick I have for that is religous water changes of 20% a week with a high end reliable salt, well that and a kickass clean up crew.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...