a need some help asap

gopens

Well the fish guy is going to be here in the next hour. somehow i forgot to take care of the back of my tank i.e. paint, or paper. i have been told if i rattle can the back black, it will make for a very clean back of the tank. is this a crappy way of doing it. or would it look just like a black piece of glass. i am honestly afraid of painting the 500 dollar aquarium and make it look the crap. also there is the fish tank paper you put on the back. does this work as well. some help would be nice. i am ready to paint the tank but want some direction. also if i do paint the tank, is there a kind of paint i should use. thanks

i have used a trick with backgrounds in the past....is that you use vaseline to connect the background to tank...you apply a super thin even layer on back of tank and then attach and squeegie out air bubbles...this is good for keeping out water and salt creep from between galss and background.....also you can use a latex paint and when you change or whatever you can pretty much peel it off...i rattle canned my 100 acrylic with black paint for plastic and it looks awesome...no different than 160 more for a black acrylic back pane....if its glass though i would latex that bad boy either black or blue....hth