Pistol and blenny

TAD

I have a pair of these and they are driving me crazy. Everyday I have a new pile of sand somewhere. It makes placeing anything on the bottom of the tank a risk.

I do enjoy the relationship but am growing tire of the new landscapeing everyday.

I am thinking of getting rid of them if I cant get them to slow down on the nightly redistribution of sand. The shrimp I am told is fairly large and the blenny is a yellow watchman.

I've had a yellow watchman and pistol shrimp pair for close to 4 (maybe 5) years now, and while they occasionally cause a bit of a sandstorm, it's not a big problem in general.

Maybe mine are getting older and aren't as active anymore? ;)

How long do they live, if anyone knows?

Tad the variety of pistol shrimp that you have is a pretty unique one. I have only seen a few others like it. Your particular variety also seems to be a pretty active one and it grows a bit larger than most of the more common varieties from what I have seen. I totally understand your frustration though. It is anoying having to remove all of the frags from your sandbed every morning just because the pistol decides to redecorate. I had an engineering goby for a while and believe me they are far worse! Especially once they get to be around 14" long ;)

Good luck with your decision. If you do decide to keep him, I think he would look good in taht 120g :D

Garrett

Garret, I never really took the opportunity to thank you for delivering that package to me. I think I even have some left after a week or however long its been. I know my shrimp isn't going hungry thats for sure. When you find some snails that will eat flat worms I will take fifty of those also.

But really, thanks for taking the time to bring those to me, I really appreciate it.

When you find some snails that will eat flat worms I will take fifty of those also.

Rose City Aquarium had some nudibranchs that only ate flatworms. I don't know if they still have them. Give them a call and see.

Also, I have had success with Flatworm eXit. It is sort of a pain to use, but if you follow the directions EXACTLY, you should have no problems. They were probably gone for me with one dose. I did a second dose just to be sure. I have not had any back after that.

d

My pistol and watchman stick to one spot. It has several opening but if they go out around the tank it is to the back where I don't have to worry about anything. The main hole is in the front of the tank but that gets opened and closed every day with no disturbing of anything else! I love my pair!