Anemone gaping mouth - Is it ok?

wobble

My rose anemone has been looking strange the past few days. It's mouth is very wide open and it looks like the inside of it is coming out. White and puffy stuff is pushing out of it's mouth. I've noticed in the past month or so it's been alot thicker and puffier than it has in the past. Should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Dave

DSCN0917.jpg

I've been feeding it weekly silversides mostly. Sometimes little chunks of shrimp or squid when I feed my eel. It's difficult to feed him though since my maroon clown usually grabs the food away from the anemone and puts it elsewhere in the tank so he can have his nice soft anemone bed to himself again. I try to guard the anemone with a feeding stick until the anomene has a chance to get the food in it's mouth, but sometimes it takes a long time and I get tired of standing there chasing the clown away.

Should I feed more often? Should I feed it something else? More light, less light?

Wow Chewie, you're good! Yes, I got it from SWF in Jan or Feb of this year. It's really darkened up since then. Just hasn't looked so good recently. Been feeding it mostly silversides for the past two months or so. Before that it was a mix of silversides, shrimp, and squid.

I tested water a week and a half ago (before water change).

Nitrates 0

PH 8.0

Alk 9 (been buffering with baking soda)

SG 1.025

I've been doing changing 16g of water every two weeks.

I have another anemone in there and it's going great. The other one is on the bottom of the tank though. This rose is a little above mid height. It's pretty much been there since I put it in.

It's a 75g with 216w of T5 w/icecap ballasts. Blues are on from 9am - 10pm. Other two lights are on from 10am - 9pm. Fuge light is on 24/7.

Stop feeding it.

Especially silversides IMO/E

I have had terrible luck with silversides. Anytime that I have ever fed silversides to my anemones I noticed a bad reaction. I have NO PROOF, but I attribute the loss of BOTH of my S. Giganteas to bad silversides. The purple carpet in my avatar was 1 of them.

Other than that, I think you're doing everything you can.

Just leave em be. If it is one of my clones, I wouldn't worry yet. Those RBTA's are tough as nails!