Car Thread!! post your cars

jason7504

I miss cars... I have nothing worth posting. No track here on Oahu, so my motivation to build is gone.

I do have a videos i made of the dumb crap we used to do when i lived in MA. I think the statute of limitations has passed. :) They 6-8 years old.

AC-Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres my little car. Sadly Im kinda trying to sell it. Its a Innocenti Mini Cooper. Its an Italian made mini. Has a Honda B20 Vtec Turbo. Still need to paint the front and re-tune it. Should be about 250hp and the car only weighs 1300lbs.

4728739652_fea0445692.jpg

Engine has changed a little bit since this was taken. BOV reocated so the hood will close properly and ceramic coated the exhaust.

4728090599_01a9c77a88.jpg

Screw tents!

Thats not camping :P Silly Portlanders don't you know' date=' camping is for us hill folk out in Yacolt :P[/quote']

Let me rephrase that... (scratch)

It's my kind of camping! No tents and sleeping on the floors in a sleeping bag for me!(laugh)

I'm not trying to prove anything I'm just trying to enjoy the great outdoors in the lap of luxury!:p

Contrary to popular belief, lack of electricity and plumbing does not build character!:p

Heres my little car. Sadly Im kinda trying to sell it. Its a Innocenti Mini Cooper. Its an Italian made mini. Has a Honda B20 Vtec Turbo. Still need to paint the front and re-tune it. Should be about 250hp and the car only weighs 1300lbs.

Engine has changed a little bit since this was taken. BOV reocated so the hood will close properly and ceramic coated the exhaust.

Nice!!!! Let me know when you are gonna sell it

I will have a real mini one day. They are a true work of art and a feat of engineering genius. One of the first great rally cars back in the day too! I've been in love with them since I was 12 or so. I really want a RHD though with the stock 1275cc or a light jump to the 1380cc. Not as fast but a little more pure.;)

I started with a stock 998 and my next one was a 1380. 998 was just enough for the freeway as long as it wasnt up hill' date=' and the 1380 was a monster. So a 1275 would be a perfect mix.[/quote']

oh no, don't get me wrong, I want a monster! I just want to be able to say that monster is the stock engine when people question me, and you know first hand they do and will... I would love to put the turbo on it to but only boost it to like 5 or 6 psi, nothing crazy like the TT(24psi(rock2)). Either way it is a beauty of a car ya got there. A little paint and it will be worth top dollar...

• 1 year later...

Here is a shot of my 71 Chevy stepside pickup...Has a nice little stout 350 and 4 speed.

truck1.jpg

She looks good in snow!

snowy.jpg

Notice the motorcycle in the back? I was redoing the forks after rebuilding it...

truck2.jpg

Here is a shot of me during the rebuild...which was in the spare bedroom of my apartment in college. They had a policy of working on your vehicles in parking lot, BUT not one for in your own home! take in a rolling chassis and 4 boxes of parts and roll out a running motorcycle! I EVEN got all my deposit back haha!

bikeroom2.jpg

Here is the finished bike...91 kawasaki ninja 500...purchased for $100

finishedbike.jpg

I also have a 93 ford explorer (work horse), and a 2008 honda element

thanks MVP and algae! yeah i thought the same thing. wish they had glass valve covers lol.. can't wait to upgrade the exhaust and brakes later on

kriz2fer, that's cool. my friends got an s2k also. he offered to give me a ride in it one day and man, i crammed in there because at 6'1 I could barely fit in there lol. not made for tall people :P

Here is a link to some on ebay mind you they are not for bigblock chevy. The company used to make them for both big and small chevy. I used to have a set for my drag car to show off the harland sharpe rocker arms and girdles. They were cool but the engine had to be sitting for a while to see through them. They eventually warped really bad. So I cut out the tops and used them to set the valve lash.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/clear-view-valve-covers-/230246522516?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item359bc31e94