How to do a 20g water change on a 120g tank in 5 minutes and not lifting jugs...

CA2OR

Definately a very useful way of doing it. A sipon works well if you don't have a pump around to get the water out.

I go one step further and use a wireless remote on on my pumps so that I can begin and end the pumping without the scare of an electrical shock from having wet hands and just to be a way cool nerd. It actually works really well when across the room doing something else or something.

Christmas light section at walmart for $20.

Garrett

Guest Snorkelwasp

thats how i do it...siphon it out the same and fill out of a 34 gallon trash can i bought to mix ro and salt. i put the thing on rollers and just roll it around...i loved the idea so much i put my sump on rollers too. just wheel it out when nessicary.

I to use this method. It is so easy AND got hubby to agree to letting me have the tank in the !st place.Mixing & draining in the basement. He was sure he would be the one hauling the buckets.LOL

Local the hose is availible at Low's buy the spool, best price I could find.

Beckie

I do a similar approach with the clownhouse only a gen-x 4100 and 55g of water at at time. Usually a couple of times a week. But the funny thing is I have to carry all the water from the garage out to the clownhouse....

Dave

Don't all electricians have buddies that are plumbers? (laugh) I would have thought you'd get somebody to hook you up out there by now, though I guess this keeps you in shape.

I hear ya! Thankfully, the only ones around to complain are my dogs, and they are easily bought with rawhides. I just made appropriate sleep hours even more difficult since I changed my lights to coming on at 5PM and off at 2AM. I'm never home during the day or in the early mornings, so if I ever want to see the tank lit up, this is the only way. Plus my house isn't temp controlled, so this will eliminate the extra heat from the lights during the mid afternoon sun during the summer. *sigh* just makes it hard to decide to sleep instead of tank-watch.

Lucky you' date=' I am not allowed to have tank in bedroom anymore as I wouldn't sleep at night I would just stare at the tank. It is different now, I sit and stare at the tank in the living room instead.[/quote']

The caps on those have a threaded hole -- you just have to cut it out with an x-acto knife. Then you can screw in a threaded PVC connector and plumb in most any pump you want... just turn the jug on it's side when you turn on the pump.