The 120G has arrived!

siskiou

P1030203.jpg

ATO set up!

I may try to find something a little less tall with similar volume, but for the time being this is good enough.

I really like the switched outlets! It makes testing things out so much easier!

Now I have to figure out where the air bubbles in the tank are coming from.

One culprit is one of the MJs (I'll never know how a powerhead can spew out bubbles every few seconds even when a foot under water!), but it looks like I'm getting some air through the return, too.

Just through the right side, though! The return goes through a SCWD, but that seems to be air tight, and I don't see any moisture or salt creep anywhere along the line.

Could the locline be the culprit?

Yah locline definately lets in air. Might be it. How much water does that res hold? You should run the topoff water into the sump. It will mix better IMO.

Next time you are over in my area stop by and i'll give you some cheato. I need to trim it again.

Yah locline definately lets in air. Might be it. How much water does that res hold? You should run the topoff water into the sump. It will mix better IMO.

The container holds about 10G, and I can't run it into the sump because it will create a syphon with the top-off container taller than the sump.

Otherwise I would.

Darn about the locline!

Any ideas what to use instead?

Or can I silicone around everything outside the water?

Next time you are over in my area stop by and i'll give you some cheato. I need to trim it again.

Thanks! :)

Even going thru that aqualifter pump it creates a syphon?

Yep! Basically, the pump starts the syphon by filling the tubing, and then it keeps merrily running even when the pump turns off.

The water comes out drop by drop running it up to the tank, and it's right by the return so I think it mixes just fine that way.

Can you fully submerge the locline? I think after it gets some saltcreep around it it should seal up fine. I wouldn't silicon it, they you can't move em.

I'll have to get some more plumbing to submerge it completely, but I'll give that a try.

And I'll put a T instead of the SCWD to see if it's really airtight. One thing at a time to narrow it down. :D

Things never seem to be easy, though.(flame)

• 1 month later...

I threw a few frags into the tank today.

They've been happily growing under pc lights in my 20G for a few months, and I hope they will like the T5s and not shrivel away.

I put them fairly low in the 120G.

P1030229.jpg

This one's been fighting with some GSP right next to it, but I think the polyps will recover now.

P1030221.jpg

And can somebody tell me what this little frag might be?

I got it browned out from Sean, and it's been sllloooowly growing and changing color.

spsfrag.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

It's been a while since I updated.

Yesterday, I added my second load of rock (Totoka from ebay, got it really cheap, don't really know much about it but it was cheaper than base rock so I went for it). Had it cooking in a tub for a couple of months.

It looks really pale compared to the Fiji rock that's been in the tank for a while.

P1030266.jpg

The shapes are very different from the Fiji, too. Lots of nice shelves for corals and very easy to stack!

P1030264.jpg

Now I need to learn what settings to use on the camera to take better pics! :D

• 7 months later...

A few more pics, mostly of the new fish.

The Whitecheek tang (sold mostly as Powder Brown) has been in the tank for a couple of days, the Scribbled Rabbit fish for a couple of months.

The pictures are not great. For some reason everything looks flat, no depth.

Would appreciate tips how to take better pictures of my tank!

P1030410.jpg

P1030408.jpg

P1030407.jpg