Is this a great idea? Everyone read, please

coralreefer

I am rather new to the board, but was wondering if there already exists a set purchase date for board members to buy bulk supplies. First, I don't want to offend vendors who support this board by ignoring their businesses. Second, there may already be a system in place for this. If so, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

My thought is to a monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly "group" buy from Bulkreefsupply or other vendor. I see random "let's buy together" posts, usually 2 days after I've placed a personal order.

If we agree to do this say quarterly, then we ALL know, for instance, July 1st is order placing day...so is October 1st. We aren't committed to purchase anything, but we may save alot more people alot more money if we organize our order dates. Heck, it would probably be a good way for alot more people to get to know each other.

Nothing is set in stone but we could have a board "shopping list"...we could even have a more efficient way to "borrow" supplies from one another in a pinch.

Your thoughts please...

Dr Merle(scratch)

You just missed out on an order, there was one just a month or two ago, but next time one can get set up, look to the board for more information. Maybe John can get one set up in conjunction with GPAS?

You just missed out on an order' date=' there was one just a month or two ago, but next time one can get set up, look to the board for more information. Maybe John can get one set up in conjunction with GPAS?[/quote']

GPAS doesn't do group buys. Its actually in their constitution or bylaws. Cant remember which.

Actually, the "Group Buy" was not something endorsed by PNWMAS. It was not discussed by the Officer/BOD Members, or voted on by PNWMAS members. It was simply organized by a group of people consisting of both forum members and PNWMAS members.

If someone wants to put another group together, I don't see why they couldn't do this.

• 2 weeks later...