Tube Anemone

CA2OR

I have already posted up my green bubble tip anemone for trade and was going to replace it with a tube anemone, mostly because they dont move as far as I know anyway. But I have a question, do tube anemone's allow\like being hosted?(scratch)

ugh....dang it. That sux. I want a freakin anemone that wont move. This dumb Green BTA has been moving for weeks and I am tired of moving corals out of his way. I know why he moves but I don't have time to resolve the issue, nor am I going to do anything right now due to his placement. I wouldn't want him to stay. I could build up a little higher on my rock work to give him perch.(scratch). Hmm....maybe I do that.DOH!

so I guess I am down to Duncan's or adding rock to allow anemone it's own place. Which is fine. I can add to middle to build up closer to light and move corals away. I am in process of ordering a new 250 MH to replace my 150 so maybe that will help.

nope... mean' date=' they sting and kill all your fish... look em up online[/quote']

Just curious... I ran across this article that suggests their fish-eating reputation is unwarrented and that they are actually not very poisnious compared to many other species we keep in mixed reefs all the time. I have never had one but was interested when saw a nice one for sale recently. Didn't get it but found the article interesting anyway. Sounds like some folk around here have some painful experience with them.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/june2004/invert.htm

I had one years ago for a short time...made the mistake like most....who can resist a bright orange tube anemone!

I asked the lfs if the there was a reason I was forgeting why I never got one....I had researched them years before then...just forgot there bad rap! was told nope!!!

Anyways took it home and it did fine for a few weeks..no problems.....until the fish started to chase each other around one day....and eventually one just touched a tentacle...yes just one......anyways that's all it took ....the fish was like having seizures or something....I tried to remove the piece of tentacle that had boke off and stuck to the fish....it didn't help, it was too late....also lost a couple of pipe fish to it, before it was removed.......hth

I have kept them and have had pretty good luck aswell. I definately would make sure that they have their space so that they can't sting any corals near them. I have had an orange and a purple one. Both were model citizens and really only ate the silversides that I had given them. I did occasionally toss a fish or invert that had died over to them and they gladly excepted but I cannot say that I noticed them killing any of my healthy critters. The fish basically just stayed away from them.

Garrett