pic of month to tank of month

stylaster

I like the idea as well, however I don't see it lasting long, you will need someone up there that can do good photography and post all the info. Not for the faint of heart, but I like the idea regardless.

I like the idea of quarterly, or even biannual. At once a month, we'd probably run out of tanks to fast. To remove the fear of "having" to host a meeting, would any sponsors be willing to donate coupons to the winner? Or a free PNWMAS shirt?

My crummy little low budget tank won't be entered any time soon, but I think TOT(quarter/term) would be fun, especially for us teachers. Once I've got my class tank, it would be a good goal to set for my students who help out.

i also like it. i think we should keep both. post the pic of the month and the tank of the month on the site home page, and allow the option for the TOTM winner to host the meeting. sounds like a good idea, but i think we should keep with the POTM too, cuz my overall tank is just ok, but i get some good pics, and there are only so many tanks in the club...

• 2 weeks later...

From the VP....I know Kevin has his plate full. I think that TOTM is, again, an awesome idea. If we want to go quarterly, then that would be fine.

We spoke in depth about members hosting meetings at there homes...TOTM winner would certainly be recognized and have the option to do so. Equally, as the new Vendor Relations officer, I will begin working closely with our sponsers (thanks John Manrow for getting me going), and our officers/board members to help make "hosting" more appealing.

As it stands, I think we have a little over 680 members (205 active ????). I am sure that 4 tanks are worthy of

TOTM per year! Equally, I hope our club expands and we can have more candidates!

Kris

i'v been looking into remote web cams, would like to put it on a stand in front of my tank when i leave and view it online. just checking prices right now looks like 100.00 and up for wireless with software maybe we could set up a site and then use the chat for long distance members

I have been working to find a way to improve the way that we are able to display our tank in addition to our Tank Tours.

I am currently working on this project as well. I have been working behind the scenes for the past six week with a local company to put this together in a professional format. What I have to report is that I will be making rounds to member’s homes to add a new feature that is in the design stage at this time. What I will do is come around to member’s homes and be doing a personal video introduction of you with your tank or tanks. I will bring my digital video recorder and shoot a 5 + minute clip of your "Tank Brag"; this will be posted to a new link that will be featured on our PNWMAS Website titled “BRAG TANK” in our member’s area in the next few months. I have been working with a company that is setting this up, so this will be taking place as soon as we can get this out of the design stage.

We will be adding a new format that will be offered in a streaming video format that will be added to our website, as well as we will be introducing Pod Cast at the same time.

As members, you have asking what is in it for "ME", well these new features will be added before the end of this year. We are going to be looking at doing a trial run sometime before Christmas, and we should have thing working in the Member’s Area by the New Year.

If you are interested in having your tank featured, please contact me to be the first to add your name and tank to the list. Please include your in your bio your personal information as well as any information regarding your tank or tanks.

Thank you in advance for your input and future support.

Kevin