newbee

MarkBirkett

Hi everybody, my name is Mark Birkett. I was turned on to this site by my daughters boyfriend Jase Adams (current member). I am 49 year old tile contractor (trade) with very expensive hobbies. I have a 75 gal. tank with overflow, black wood stand & canopy, 40 gal sump/fuge, octopus protein skimmer, Pacific Coast Imports chiller, Pacific Marine calcium reactor /co2, P.M. media chamber, titanium heater /digital controller. Lighting now is two 400 watt metal halides, 1 vho super actinic, 1 cf blue actinic. I have a 8 bulb t5 (5 10k/ 3 actinic that I am going to put into this system. I have been in this hobby for a couple of months and obtained everything I own from a guy that quit the hobby. I don't know very much about the hobby but am learning fast. I have a R/O water system and found that healthy water = healthy livestock. Inside the tank. 100 pounds of live sand, 120+ pounds of live rock, some corals, zoos, mushrooms. Fish 1 lg. hippo tang, 1 lg. lavender tang, 1 lg. maroon clown. 1 sm. angel. 1 sm. blue cromis 1yellow goby. 2 fire shrimp,1 peppermint shrimp. 2 crabs. 1 clam. many snails & hermit crabs for good housekeeping. I also find myself like most addicted fools, find that my tank is over crowded and can't put much more into it, so will want to get a larger system so I can spend alot more money. I wil post Pics of my setup so everybody can see, and am looking foreward to any advice to help with my new obsession. Thanks Mark

Mark failed to mention that he got his entire setup through a trade for a nice camera... talk about a good deal. Then I guess since he got such a badass deal, this guy GAVE me his previous 50 Gallon setup... I'm thinking that a tank all set up and reef ready is pretty [language filter] good christmas present...

• 2 weeks later...