Missing kole tang

SuncrestReef

My kole tang is missing.  I just posted a video of him feeding yesterday and he was alive and well.  This morning, there's no sign of him in my tank.  I have a lid so there's no way he could jump.

I have looked in the few caves I know he's hidden in before, and I've dredged the sand where I can get to it.  Do tangs ever burrow into the sand like wrasses?

The only other possibilities I can imagine are that my BTA ate him (seems unlikely since the tang is about 4"), or that my pistol shrimp pulled him into the burrow (again unlikely due to size difference).

Any other ideas?

I'm so bummed. 😞

• Sad 2

Oh no I'm so sorry! Look everywhere near the tank, even farther than you'd think even if you have a lid they can still get through but hopefully not. Hopefully it's just hiding, I highly doubt your shrimp did anything, search search everywhere. I really hope you find it!!

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

HE’S BACK!!!!

I left the house for a few hours this afternoon and when I got home he was just swimming around like nothing happened!  I have no idea where he was hiding, and he’s never done that in the 8 months I’ve had him.

OK, I guess I now know why the police make you wait 24 hours before filing a missing person report...

Thank you all for your concern, but this was just a false alarm. 🤭

• Like 5
  • Haha 1