Forum outage

SuncrestReef

Just curious...what happened to knock the forum offline today?  Was it the #pdxsnowmageddon that only hit the east side while leaving us on the west side without our promised snow?  I stocked up on kale and kombucha but didn’t get snowed in, only to make it worse when I couldn’t post hourly updates of my new pipefish that won’t venture up from the sandbed to discover the buffet of red bugs awaiting them on my acros at the top of the rocks.  To top it off, my super expensive generator is still waiting for the opportunity to run for a few minutes during a power outage to make sure my clownfish have some flow to swim against while they avoid going anywhere near my anemone. 🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Just curious...what happened to knock the forum offline today?  Was it the #pdxsnowmageddon that only hit the east side while leaving us on the west side without our promised snow?  I stocked up on kale and kombucha but didn’t get snowed in, only to make it worse when I couldn’t post hourly updates of my new pipefish that won’t venture up from the sandbed to discover the buffet of red bugs awaiting them on my acros at the top of the rocks.  To top it off, my super expensive generator is still waiting for the opportunity to run for a few minutes during a power outage to make sure my clownfish have some flow to swim against while they avoid going anywhere near my anemone. 🙄

Snowmageddon!

Glad you kept power, clowns are safe :)

Nah it was just a snafu with our hosting/billing.  However, somehow a DNS change got involved while they marked our site unavailable.  Even though we were down for a very short time, it took a long time for people's DNS cache to clear.

I was surprised to see Chrome has its own DNS cache, I had to clear it and restart chrome.

It's interesting...I couldn't access the site all day from Safari on my Mac, but at mid-day I could access it on my iPhone.  Later, I tried Chrome on my Mac and it worked, so I cleared my browser cache on Safari and finally got in.  I hate all the platform differences.  And I have 30 years of IT background, yet sometimes it still doesn't make sense...

• Like 1