New pick up...

Optimusprime3605

It’s funny these were sitting in my shop grown from a few polyps. Got them in a few years ago. Nobody cared for them till I sold a mini colony to lengadary corals. Then I sold a colony to Kevin. They are sweet. 

Gotta love putting a name on it. Nobody would buy them from me when I was asking $5 a polyp. Now they run $200. Crazy world. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It’s funny these were sitting in my shop grown from a few polyps. Got them in a few years ago. Nobody cared for them till I sold a mini colony to lengadary corals. Then I sold a colony to Kevin. They are sweet. 
Gotta love putting a name on it. Nobody would buy them from me when I was asking $5 a polyp. Now they run $200. Crazy world. 
Yes, indeed, they are sweet, Jeff!
I got the frag from kevin at a ridiculously low price. LC is selling them for $200pp and if they are the same as Space Chaos from Big R Corals, expect to pay $400. Frickin nutz!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CuttleFishandCoral said:

It's all about marketing my friend!:peace:  You get some of the nicest no name stuff!  Let's keep it no name so we can all afford it! :)You have a good eye!

• Like 2

Dude nice collection of zoas!
They all seem nice and happy too. Mind sharing your parameters, flow, lights, etc

Sent while trying to get my next coral fix.....
Hey Cody, nothing special at all, at least, I think...
Ca >1500
Mag >500
Alk 8.0 dkh
No3 10ppm from undetectable a month ago, trying to hit 20 but so dang hard.
Po4 forgot what it was but trying to raise it up a bit more from undetectable.
Lights: Reefis with supplemental sbox *replaced pcb board w/sbreeflights board, it kicks azz!*
Flow: Icecap 3k gyre

That's it..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Hey Cody, nothing special at all, at least, I think...
Ca >1500
Mag >500
Alk 8.0 dkh
No3 10ppm from undetectable a month ago, trying to hit 20 but so dang hard.
Po4 forgot what it was but trying to raise it up a bit more from undetectable.
Lights: Reefis with supplemental sbox *replaced pcb board w/sbreeflights board, it kicks azz!*
Flow: Icecap 3k gyre

That's it..

Wow thats some serious calcium 😋😉

• Like 2

Simple for the win [emoji41] Thanks for sharing! I need to get new lights, my DIY T5 isn’t working as well as I want.

Sent while trying to get my next coral fix.....
You know, if you are not into high-end lights, which I'm definitely not, I'd pick up some sboxes that people are getting rid of bcuz of LEDs burning out and replace the board with sbreeflights board. I'm sure you've seen them advertise on fb. If not, go to their website. They customized the spectrum of their boards for mainly sps and holy sh!t, they ain't bullsh!tin'. My sps grow like mad and my zoas are loving it, as well. Replacement boards cost $69 or $79, not bad at all. Buy a couple used, throw away sboxes for dirt cheap, replace the boards and voila...badazz lights. Again, this is my opinion. Or spend tons of money on kessil this and/or radion that. I have nothing against the high end expensive brands and I'm positive, they grow amazing corals, as well. But, if I can grow corals with $100 sboxes, why would I spend $800 on a gen4 that does the same thing? If I had deep pockets, maybe, just bcuz I can and to show off, but I ain't like that....

Again, this is all my opinion and my opinion only. I have nothing against any other lights, I just like to keep it real.

As they say, proof is in the pudding. I love my pudding!
HTH bro!

• Like 1

Wow thats some serious calcium [emoji39][emoji6]
You ain't lying! Been trying to get it down to 1440 or so but haven't been able to without messing things up. Been like that for close to 9 or so months now. My Alk was above 11 at one point, but I was able to get that down to 8. So far, sps still grow like mad and my zoas are finally, for the last several months, are enjoying some nitrates at 10ppm. Trying to hit 20ppm for all corals to enjoy...

3 hours ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

You ain't lying! Been trying to get it down to 1440 or so but haven't been able to without messing things up. Been like that for close to 9 or so months now. My Alk was above 11 at one point, but I was able to get that down to 8. So far, sps still grow like mad and my zoas are finally, for the last several months, are enjoying some nitrates at 10ppm. Trying to hit 20ppm for all corals to enjoy...

Wait a second... I assumed you switched those and have calcium over 500 and Mag over 1500. Still somewhat high but at least feasible. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

Assumed the numbers were flipped with mag and calcium!? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Optimusprime3605 said:

@albertareef & @503reefland
That's what happens when you've had 10 too many beers, lol.
Yes, numbers are flip flopped for Ca & Mag, sorry.

I was hoping tripling calcium levels and reducing mag was some magical secret....😔 nice zoas btw!👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 2