Urgent Request for Coral sitter

bimmerzs

Hi everybody,

I've decided to relocate to San Diego which is awesome however I am now in a pickle.  I previously contacted a LFS to explore the possibility of paying them house my corals for a few weeks and to then ship them to me however that option is not possible at this time.  This leaves me without a place to keep my corals so I am looking for someone that could help me out with this situation.  I have a 25G Innovative Marine Lagoon tank so the area of just the corals is quite small and is mostly micromussa's, zoos, fungi plate, a few torch and frogspawn frag so maybe a 11'x11' area if that.  If anyone is able to assist it would be most appreciated and I could either pay you a fee or you can have the 25G lagoon tank in exchange, whichever you prefer.  You would expect the person that can help to shoulder any responsible in the event that a coral or two dies. 

Cheers,

Edited by bimmerzs

Might be easier and less stressful to just sell and start with new corals when you settle in.

Would have to agree with this!!!  I would offer, but I am scurrred that something would happen and I would be on the hook to replace the corals. 

• Like 1

hey Bimmerzs....  you are a gypsy aren't you!!  :)   didn't you just get up here from Texas!?!  lol  best of luck finding a temp home.

Hey softy,

Well it's been 2yrs and the rain still feels like.....rain. :)  Thanks for the encouragement.....any room in ya'll tank for a few coral's??

Hey softy,

Well it's been 2yrs and the rain still feels like.....rain. :)  Thanks for the encouragement.....any room in ya'll tank for a few coral's??

We have the room..... But like I said, I do t want to be on the hook if something doesn't make it. Our systems are actually better than ever right now... Still scurred

• Like 1

Hi everybody,

I've decided to relocate to San Diego which is awesome however I am now in a pickle. I previously contacted a LFS to explore the possibility of paying them house my corals for a few weeks and to then ship them to me however that option is not possible at this time. This leaves me without a place to keep my corals so I am looking for someone that could help me out with this situation. I have a 25G Innovative Marine Lagoon tank so the area of just the corals is quite small and is mostly micromussa's, zoos, fungi plate, a few torch and frogspawn frag so maybe a 11'x11' area if that. If anyone is able to assist it would be most appreciated and I could either pay you a fee or you can have the 25G lagoon tank in exchange, whichever you prefer. You would expect the person that can help to shoulder any responsible in the event that a coral or two dies.

Cheers,

Am I reading this correctly? Are you saying that whoever volunteers to help with your corals would be responsible if something died? That seems odd to me.

Am I reading this correctly? Are you saying that whoever volunteers to help with your corals would be responsible if something died? That seems odd to me.

Right-LOL

I'm surprised there isn't a line of volunteers

Good luck and enjoy Texas, lived in a few cities there much better than Oregon, please take some extra people with ya ;)

• Like 1

We have the room..... But like I said, I do t want to be on the hook if something doesn't make it. Our systems are actually better than ever right now... Still s

Holy crap.....that is not what I meant to write at all. I could have sworn I typed "I would not hold anyone responsible if a coral or two dies", should have proofed that before posting.....my apologies for any confusion, nobody to blame if something doesn't make it..... it happens. 

Edited by bimmerzs

Sorry, thats not what I meant to say, I should have proof read that after editing it.

Right-LOL

I'm surprised there isn't a line of volunteers

Good luck and enjoy Texas, lived in a few cities there much better than Oregon, please take some extra people with ya ;)

I screwed the pooch typing that up, didn't intend to say someone would be responsible if something died while they were helping me. I agree, that would be odd.  I moved from Texas to Oregon and now relocating to San Diego.....seems like I remember your username from either Austin or Houston forums but could have been someone with similar username.

Edited by bimmerzs

Holy crap.....that is not what I meant to write at all. I could have sworn I typed "I would not hold anyone responsible if a coral or two dies", should have proofed that before posting.....my apologies for any confusion, nobody to blame if something doesn't make it..... it happens.

Haha, I was hoping that was the case. I was trying to be nice by just saying that'd be "odd," but in my head I thinking, "That's ridiculous!" Good to see your point of view.

Hopefully someone can help ya, but if not, selling everything and starting fresh is not a terrible idea. Unless there is some sentimental attachment to fish, a clean start could be a nice way to re-motivate as well.

We have the room..... But like I said, I do t want to be on the hook if something doesn't make it. Our systems are actually better than ever right now... Still scurred

Hi Softy,

That would be most excellent, if something doesn't make it, it doesn't make it. When would be a good time to bring everything over???   

Hi Softy,

That would be most excellent, if something doesn't make it, it doesn't make it. When would be a good time to bring everything over???   

I will ping Bret.... i had a really rough day of travel last night coming home from Indy.....