TDS in Corvallis Tap Water

Hello everyone,

So I was wondering what TDS reading are in Corvallis tap water systems. I was looking into getting a TDS meter, but no stores around here carry one. And I can't wait a few days for it to come through online delivery.

I saw a thread from 2007 about the same topic and people that time had a TDS of around 60. But I'd like a recent reading.

I'll really appreciate if someone can tell me their TDS reading.

Thank you :)

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I'm on Corvallis city water, and I just tested it out of the tap for you. It read 52 ppm. This is higher than normal, which is usually in the range of 20-30 ppm. I think they are adding something extra to the water in the summer. It smells a little different right now too.

I use the standard BRS RODI unit on our water and I have good success. I'm sure the Air Water and Ice unit that you were looking at will also do the trick.

• Like 2

I'm on Corvallis city water, and I just tested it out of the tap for you. It read 52 ppm. This is higher than normal, which is usually in the range of 20-30 ppm. I think they are adding something extra to the water in the summer. It smells a little different right now too.

I use the standard BRS RODI unit on our water and I have good success. I'm sure the Air Water and Ice unit that you were looking at will also do the trick.

Thank you so much :)

How frequently do you have to change the filters and resins?

I have been running the one I currently have for 2 years and I still get 0 TDS.

I think I will get that RODI then. I really need a RO system for drinking water. I hate how the water tastes. My daily water consumption has gone down drastically. And on this unit you can bypass DI, to just get RO water.

Thank you again :)

72 ppm on the outskirts of town. Air, Water and Ice might send you one with your order. They did for me.

They didn't. I asked them. They told me it was a deal a while ago. They have free shipping going on right now, and they also gave me an extra discount on top of that 10% for the forum we get.

72 ppm on the outskirts of town. Air, Water and Ice might send you one with your order. They did for me.

And I live in North Corvallis, very close to the water treatment plant, so I think I should be getting water with lower TDS. But I can't tell unless I test it. Do you mind if I borrow your meter for a couple of hours someday?

• 3 weeks later...