Blood thirsty tang????

Blackice

Well I went crazy at the lfs and came home with a amazing 3 1/2" - 4" banded angel today and it was going great till Freddy Kruger (purple tang) came up and swatted at it. We'll no big deal most the time right??? Well I don't know if it's just Halloween or that it's the most expensive fish I ever got, but that swat caused a small cut that was deep enough to start bleeding like in the seen in finding nemo that the blood flowing out and the shark smells it. After having a small heart attack I flipped off the lights and the tang calmed down after a while and the bleeding stopped after about 45 minutes. But [language filter] I have never seen that happen. And why'd it have to be that angle!!!

74586586-E971-449B-9000-1C39D01D4385_zps

286AF02A-6145-4B46-9374-310EDD0B4D22_zps

• Like 1

I hate tangs, all tangs, any tang, (even the yellow tangs I keep submissively in my frag tanks to keep frags clean- but they are the only fish in there too) I hope I never forget the grief they've caused me to all my fish and how I always "used" to forget and try another.

I'm sure your fish will be fine, that is a nice one I had been eyeballing since the day it was unbagged-congrats

(Dump the purple tang-LOL)

Glad you picked that guy up. They're such awesome fish! Really sorry to hear your purple tang decided to be a jerk. I know the helpless feeling of watching a prized new addition get bullied. Give it time, that bandit should hold its own once it gets settled (depending on size of your PT). I'd try to keep the purple tang distracted from the bandit as much as possible while it settles in. Maybe try taping an actual size photo of a purple tang against the glass and give it something else to bully. Keep the bandit eating well and it will recover quickly.