geomac

Red Sea Reefer 350

Considering a Red Sea Reefer 350. Does anyone have experience with the reefer line?

Gil&fin might be able to give you some feedback based on her experience. I'd love to have the 450!

Yes! Actually George and I talked Reefer last week. I'm still really pleased with the tank. I love the lines, the quality of the stand, and the sump. My only problem has been with the ATO. I really like that it is designed to fit right above the sump. It is gravity-fed so it is a simple design. The problem is with the float. It has failed a couple of times now which obviously caused some problems. I've ordered a new one so I'm sure alls good. It's a great tank, in my opinion.

George--go for it...and post a tank thread!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bought the 350 and it has been cycling for about two weeks. My only complaint is with the pump I chose, Sicce Silent 4, it is loud. Sound like the hum of a transformer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the 450. Wow. I'm using a dc pump which is great. Dialing in the overflow isn't as tough as peolpe say.

You all are making me jealous!!!! Congrats on the tanks but really where the PICS!!!!!!!!

Edited by Blackice

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By marine depot

FREE EVENT! LIVE CALL! GIVEAWAY! TODAY 8/29!

Red Sea has been around for 25 years and are a respected international brand. How have trends and technology shaped their current generation of tanks? What does the future hold for their innovative product line? What is the science behind their reef care programs and recipes? 

We’ll quiz Red Sea’s Vice President of Sales and Marketing Scott Kohler about all the cool new aquarium gear they have in development, like lights, pumps, dosers, skimmers, and more! Then you’ll have the opportunity to ask Scott about whatever’s on your mind. 

REGISTER: https://mdshop.us/REGISTER4

(You do not have to register to call in but giveaways are for registered participants only!)

Date: Wed, August 29, 2018
      Time: 12pm PST | 1pm MST | 2pm CST | 3pm EST

Dial in #: 563-999-2090
      Meeting Code: 292047#
      Press *6 to ask a question during the Q&A session.
      If you have trouble dialing in, try 206-451-6018 instead.
    • By marine depot
      It's Coral Time!

We add some amazing SPS from World Wide Corals to our Red Sea Reefer 525 XL in this episode!

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel!

• By marine depot
      Get a REEFER 525 for the price of a REEFER 450!
      A Special Spring Offer From Red Sea - Ends June 15!
      + See if you qualify to pay over 3, 6, 12, 18, or 24 months

• By youcallmenny
      Latest Photo dump at end of page 4 from 17apr18...
      Hi everybody and thanks for checking out my thread!  Pictures will get added to the end of this OP as they are added in the thread.  That will hopefully make it easy for future readers to just see the pictures in chronological order.

First step, tear down to the subfloor and put hardy board down and then tile it.  For those wondering about the weight and joist questions in a previous thread, the tank will mostly evenly straddle two engineered joists so no worries.  Big thanks again to @spectra for helping to solve that issue. 

Gear:
      Return - Jabaeo Sine Wave DC-10000 
      Skimmer - Reef Octopus Classic 200 Internal 8"
      Flow - Unsure, will start with what I have on hand but probably a Gyre XF-270 and whatever else if that's not enough.  I am trying to avoid putting any pumps on the far wall.  We'll see if that's realistic.
      Water Mixing/Changing -  These will be hard plumbed up through the floor of the office and be a permanent fixture in the stand.  Waste line goes back through the floor, across the top of the garage, through the wall and into the storm drain.  What this means is that hopefully I can turn on a small pump upstairs for a few seconds to start the drain siphon, empty the sump and then turn on the pump downstairs to refill it with new saltwater.  How this is going to work is largely dependent on how the sump is configured etc.  The main gist is that water changes are going to be soooooo much easier. 
      edit 28Dec17: RO/DI is permanently installed and is sourcing from upstairs laundry room to downstairs garage mixing station.  

edit 4Jan18: Floor is done. Rockwork is more or less how I want it.  Plumbing is complete.  Tank is being picked up today!

Edit 8Jan18: 

12jan18:

13jan18:

22jan18:

25jan18: new light. Aqua Helios R120

15apr18