Heating suggestions

bamburgb

I was just wondering which people suggest heating the main tank or heating the sump? i keep my tank heated to about 80-82 and its been costing me a fortune just to heat the tank so im trying to find a way to cut the cost a little bit without heating the room to that level (room is usually 65).

Hey old salt.

Find out with a kill-a-watt, might be spendy as you suspect! 

Bombertech has some garage tips as he lives in colder eastern oregon.  I think he does things like covering the tanks in acyrlic, utilizes insulation etc...

This thread is making me wonder how much I pay to heat my tank in the garage. I've thought of insulation on the garage door to save costs and I'm only in the 76-78 range.

I found out to heat my 180 reef tank to 82 i was spending about 300-400 a year in electricity.

Hey old salt.

Find out with a kill-a-watt, might be spendy as you suspect! 

Bombertech has some garage tips as he lives in colder eastern oregon.  I think he does things like covering the tanks in acyrlic, utilizes insulation etc...

Thats how i found out how much it was running me, the heater was costing me way more then even my LED lights,

• Like 1