Bob Moore frag Swap

kknight

This has nothing to do with silencing people.  Why would something that is directly related to PNWMAS as an organization not be put in the members section.  Having issues about the way things are run are left to paying members.  Again, why (as was claimed by someone) was the club a no show if members showed up?  Exactly how many members of the BoD were expected to show up to then qualify as "showing?"  Why is it our responsibility to attend an event when people don't want to attend local events?  To be honest, I have never dealt with such an ungrateful group of people in my life.  I have always tried to stay positive, always been one to look for ways to reasonably accommodate others, and to diffuse situations.  However, this latest event is such a slap in the face to all the hard work being put into this club by a bunch of VOLUNTEERS.

Since the hack there has been a huge amount of effort put into implementing new software (yes the first software upgrade was a bust, but we're not computer scientists).  The amount of appreciation pales in comparison to the amount of criticism about stupid little things like an edit button.  Do I really have to go all JFK on yall and tell you to stop always asking what the club can do for you, but rather what can (and have) you actually done lately for the club. 

It's so easy to sit back and complain, but its much tougher to think about and appreciate stuff going on.  How many of you have time to design fliers, book flights, reserve venues, email countless companies to acquire donations, reach out to sponsors to acquire/maintain sponsorship, implement a new software program by spending over 100 hours Googling how to do things so we don't have to pay a company 700 dollars to do it (this is all Kevin right here), or drive around cities to deliver fliers (including Bob Moore frag swap), show up early to meetings to setup, stay late to clean up, send thank you letters, etc. etc. etc., all the while trying to keep the peace on a forum where certain people do nothing but complain.  I definitely don't do this so I can get accolades, but I dang sure won't do it if all that comes with it is criticism.  I don't even need a thank you.  I just wont tolerate listening to "lack of leadership" and things of that nature.

I could care less about the rest of the drama but the part in bold. That stupid little edit button and other issues with the forum that we as paying members think need discussion shouldn't be labeled as stupid because you all don't agree with them, they should at least be discussed and maybe even voted on. 

I think this shift to the strategy of "this is how it is because we say so" from "what do you all as paying members think?" maybe needs to be looked at. I also feel like you all do a great job and thank you for what you do, I just think always asking opinions is a better option. At least that way, if there is no response, none of us can complain.

Just my 2 cents. 

Edit: adding cute little phrases like "this a word not allowed at PNWMAS" is just childish, kinda like being scolded for cussing. "That I am afraid I just stepped in something and need to clean my shoes. Pardon my anger, but this smell gives me a headache" stopped when I left home didn't expect to see it this [this language is not allowed on this forum] late in my life.    More cute phrases^               Oh and you missed one.

Edited by pledosophy
Curse words, - it's a family friendly site.
  • Like 2

I could care less about the rest of the drama but the part in bold. That stupid little edit button and other issues with the forum that we as paying members think need discussion shouldn't be labeled as stupid because you all don't agree with them, they should at least be discussed and maybe even voted on.

I think this shift to the strategy of "this is how it is because we say so" from "what do you all as paying members think?" maybe needs to be looked at. I also feel like you all do a great job and thank you for what you do, I just think always asking opinions is a better option. At least that way, if there is no response, none of us can complain.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: adding cute little phrases like "this a word not allowed at PNWMAS" is just childish, kinda like being scolded for cussing. "That I am afraid I just stepped in something and need to clean my shoes. Pardon my anger, but this smell gives me a headache" stopped when I left home didn't expect to see it this [language filter] late in my life. More cute phrases^ Oh and you missed one.

You are correct. Perhaps "stupid" was not a legitimate term to address the issue. I apologize for being a bit hostile in how I addressed that point. My overall point was that the edit button is one single speck amongst a whole lot of forward progress and some people will only focus on the one thing they don't like.

Didn't this club do very well when it was on Reef2Reef( I think that was where it was) instead of having the overhead and maintenance of its own board.  Maybe we should go back to that so we could concentrate on membership instead of tech problems?

No there is a spot that the Eugene group had put on there as well as the Corvallis group. I'm not sure how active it is. This club before my time was part of the Reef Tank (I think that's the name of it) but then started its own site I believe around 2006. 

I think for the most part with the upgrade the technical problems have been much better.