Jellyfish Art 6 gallon tank

NoobtoSalt

word of caution on the upside down jellys they are photosynthetic and need halide or led lighting. Also they dont swim very much just lay on the and bed

Good to know. I haven't donemuch research on those ones yet. The tank has an led light but not going to be enough for that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We had upside down jellys in the lab at school. I don't know much about them, but from observing them i would say they are the opposite of what you want. They like to just sit there kinda like a very mobile nem, don't know how much flow you will have but I'm guessing they would get tossed around and around and around... LOL. :)

Thanks Thomas. I wanted to get some critters in here soon but I'm heading out of town for a few days next month and don't want the house sitter to be dealt with that burden so I'm going to wait till I'm back. Gives me a chance to get this leak taken care of as well as a good cycle

If you want jellies I can collect some for you this weekend :) just let me know how many you want to try. We usually get 2 kinds pretty easily. They are the Cross Jellyfish (Mitrocoma cellularia) and the Red-Eye Medusa (Polyorchis penicillatus).

We occasionally come across the Moo Jellies also.

Those red eye medusas are crazy looking. Gotta look into tank keeping on those guys. Will let you know more tomorrow. (clap)

Both appear to have similar requirements. I have seen that the both have been fed feeder shrimp as well as feeder guppies. I would like to give it pods if possible for the majority of it's feeding. I'm guessing that's what they are eating in the wild as it is. I think either would be a sweet addition to this new build. (clap) Plus I can work out all of the kinks of the tank from local jellyfish.

Cross Jellyfish (Mitrocoma cellularia)

p_cross.jpg

Red-Eye Medusa (Polyorchis penicillatus)

Polyorchis%20pencillatus%20-%20Red%20Eye%20Medusa.jpg

You could do sea gooseberries... found them on the beach at Ecola and kept them for a few weeks, but my stupid idea didn't work out, they kept ending up injured. On the plus side they were already on the beach so dying. They would look really cool with LED's on them, and eat tigger pods. It would also be a great little tank for a few dwarf seahorses. If you get bored of it let me know (:

You could do sea gooseberries... found them on the beach at Ecola and kept them for a few weeks' date=' but my stupid idea didn't work out, they kept ending up injured. On the plus side they were already on the beach so dying. They would look really cool with LED's on them, and eat tigger pods. It would also be a great little tank for a few dwarf seahorses. If you get bored of it let me know (:[/quote']

Unless i get rid of the biocube i think this tank will be broken down soon. Thought i was going to have time for a second tank but i just don't have time for all of them right now. Might keep it for the spring but who knows. I've contacted a few lfs and none have gotten back to me. Bit of a disappointment. I've found some online that can be shipped from p & b jellies.

Just let me know when you want jellies and I'll go get em :) They should be fine at room temp' date=' and I could probably find several medusa jellies pretty easy. We also find the Sea Gooseberrys on the regular.[/quote']

PM Sent. Your the only one to keep in contact with me btw as well as quote prices. Thanks! (clap)

• 2 weeks later...