Clownfish Poll

ReefSafari

Clownfish Poll  

1. 1.

• Stick with the Percs
    • Go with Gold Stripe Maroons
    • Platinums for Shizzle
    • This is a stupid poll

So I have a pair of Percs that I have had for a long time, I have been wanting to give GSM a try, and thought about replacing my pair of Percs for a pair of GSM, but I was curious as I have heard they can be pretty territorial would they be compatable with the other fish I currently have? The system is a 40 breeder, and I have a Yellow Watchman Goby, Bangia Cardinal, and a Royal Gramma. I would like to keep the bioload to 5 fish, I know the GSM get larger than Percs, I just was curious what others thought if a pair of GSM would get along with the other 3 fish I have, or should I stick with the Percs?

The other option is to try and get ahold of a pair of Platinums...(plotting)

I am curious what others would do....Stick with the Percs? get a pair of GSM's? or Pair of Platinums? If you had a 40 breeder with RBTA's in them, which would you go with?

I already know the Percs I have will take to a BTA, as they seemed to love the Green...so I know they will eventually go into the RBTA...just have the urge to try a different kind of clownfish...

2011-09-04103250.jpg

2012-03-17193550.jpg

In that small of a tank I would stay away from GSM's. I just got rid of a pair. The male was 2-3 inches and the female was pushing 5 inches. If got my hand anywhere near her during cleaning she would attack. Sometimes drawing blood after a few hits. I am not much of a "designer clown fish" fan. So that being said I would stick with the percs. I have had my pair for years and love them.

Inherited a GSM female and perc male with my 55 and ditched her after only a few months. She would attack the Wheeler's watchman and was relentless on the poor perc boy...got a beautiful false perc female in trade.

I'd do Siberia the platinums or the percent...

Well I see I'm not the only "wise guy" that answered your poll...(nono)

I would either stick with the percs or get a pair of platinum's or Picasso from Dave when he has some ready. I'm waiting till he get's a pair of picasso myself.

lol, I was the other wise guy.....

It seems pretty hard to get ahold of Dave, ive tried a couple of times, I think thier cool, at least the ones without deformaties...lol

It seems pretty hard to get ahold of Dave, ive tried a couple of times, I think thier cool, at least the ones without deformaties...lol

He got back to me a few weeks ago finally. He's a busy man of course and the breeding thing is a side job but he said in a few months he's hoping to have a batch ready. I can't wait for it

Sorry if I didn't get back to you. I just checked my pm's and didn't see any from you. The last couple of months has been crazy busy. My son has sports basically 5 days a week right now topped with changing jobs and 43 fish tanks...... If you're looking for something let me know. I do have platinum's right now and the picasso's are about 6ish weeks away from being ready, they are just too small yet.

Sorry if I didn't get back to you. I just checked my pm's and didn't see any from you. The last couple of months has been crazy busy. My son has sports basically 5 days a week right now topped with changing jobs and 43 fish tanks...... If you're looking for something let me know. I do have platinum's right now and the picasso's are about 6ish weeks away from being ready' date=' they are just too small yet.[/quote']

Thanks for the reply...You have a PM....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived