Sharing some personal news

rude944

We had our first date at the Portland International Film Festival, so I asked her at the Portland Art Museum. I wrapped up two champagne flutes in a box and gave her those, to throw her off. She opened the box, I produced a bottle of bubbly and she asked what should be the toast. I replied with my written Robert Browning "grow old" speech and produced my two months salary.

Then the crying ensued. But we got drunk, so it was all good!!!

Rounded it off at first thursday, where I had attempted to assemble her friends for the unveiling.

Took months to plan all that crap, I was initially gonna do it 20 feet underwater in Hawaii, but that got too complicated.

Holy crap! You really put some thought into popping the question! That has a bit more finesse than my daring Jay to marry me way back when! laugh

You'll have to keep us posted on the wedding plans. If you went to such lengths to ask her to marry you, I can't wait to hear how you two kids are going to tie the knot!

Stacy

I'm headed to a wedding in June (the Hawaii trip) that is casual. No Jeans however. The thought of wearing Linen in Hawaii keeps me sane through all of this!

We've decided to not make any crucial decisions until June, tho. Allows us some time to think about options. I think she has already made a lot of the decisions, however. To be honest, I don't want to make any! I mean, think about it... I am marrying her because I think I found someone who I trust to make decisions for me. And that I love that she makes great ones. Or that I just love her.

But would you marry someone who makes poor decisions? J Howard Marshall married Anna Nicole, but that's notwithstanding... look at how much good that marriage created!!!