LOST

spectra

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've talked to a few people who think that everyone on oceanic flight 815 may all be dead and are trapped in a hell like purgatory. I think this idea would also be a cop out ending like the "it was all a dream" idea.

Carlton and Damon (the producers) have said that this is not the case. Nor is it all a dream, nor is it all a figment of Vincents doggie imagination.

are they really on the island to become protectors? why so many? why kill Locke if he is a candidate? protect the island from what? smokey? DOH!

maybe Mocke wants to escape the island but cannot unless someone else takes him? or if he possess someone else body?

I heard too that it was not purgatory or imagination-land or anything like that....

OK - got to watch the episode last night. Gotta love the ability to stream it online.

Crazy having the numbers correlating to each person. I have a feeling that will never be fully explained.

Holodeck... LOL. They have all been holodeck episodes since the time travel started, IMO. Tough to track what is going on and decide what is real.

Who has a theory about the boy they see? I suspect it's a young version of Jacob. Did you see how scared Mocke gets when he sees it?

they kept up with the black vs white theme in this episode: locke was drinking out of a half black/half white coffee mug while in the tub. there used to be more of this earlier in the series but its sort of making more sense now. locke played lots of backgammon with walt, claire has a dream where one of lockes eyes is white and the other is black. when locke sees the smoke monster first its a white light, while to everyone else its black. the white and black rock on the scales. i wonder how this will all culminate.

one question though....does anyone remember the story line for locke and helen? how did they meet? was he in a wheel chair when they did? she suggested they elope, and that she would invite her parents and that locke should invite his dad. TO THEIR WEDDING?! is she not aware of how he lost the use of his legs?!?! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!?!

i think the boy could be jacob, but why would he come back as a child? a bloody child? i dont know if i saw this somewhere on a random message board or if it popped in my head somehow, but for some reason i have this feeling that boy could turn out to be aaron? im sure im wrong.

i hope they dont leave the numbers as simple an explanation as: "he had a thing for numbers..." i mean, i hope there is some deeper reason why some people had an 8 or a 15 next to their name.

I did notice the white/black rocks on the scale, but not the mug. Good catch.

What do you think it means for people to be a "candidate"? I mistrust the explanation that Mocke gave Sawyer - that they will take over the care of the island.

Lock wasn't in a wheelchair when they met. Remember when she left him (initially), he was meeting his dad at the hotel. She caught up with him there and then left him because he was obsessed. Yeah, I was puzzled by her saying they should invite his dad, too. Wierd.

Which message boards do you read re: Lost? I was late in starting to watch the series so I haven't really looked around too much. Recommendations?

I agree, they really should give a better explanation of the numbers, but I fear they won't. Honestly, there is almost no way they could explain the majority of mysteries they have created in the time they have left. That's a frustrating thought.

i dont do the message boards. i love the show to death, but i cant bring myself to read spoilers and too much speculation. yenna passed this site on to me, and its about the extent of my snooping around for more details...

http://www.theackattack.net/?m=20100217

the side stories lost or never explained will be a shame. i always wanted them to delve more into why walt causes birds to die around him. why he was always told he was "special".

being a candidate....i dont know about this yet. im still waiting for a bit more information. the list thing from earlier seasons was fascinating and im glad the thread is starting to unravel, but i dont know enough yet to make up my mind about it yet. its very clear that jacob and the smoke monster have very different agendas and will most likely pit character against character.

so. hrm. if...no, nevermind. so then....sigh.

jack. has a kid. like a ten year old. did we know that? did i just forget?

and i wonder why or how things that happened on the island somehow corrected themselves years before...if not decades before. ie jacks appendix. he got it removed when he was 7 or 8, right? one would think he would need that removed in a few weeks after he lands at LAX...since he didnt have problems with it until weeks into his stay on the island. im still trying to wrap my head around how without the island, how differently our characters lives turned out. not just after they land, but how their entire lives changed even before the sydney flight without the influence of jacob coming to them.

so did jacob not really need to get someone to the island...because hes already there? as in....he just wanted jack to find it in himself to become the hero to lead against the smoke monster fight? or do we still need someone else to come to the island and help out? and with the lighthouse broken....i guess the island wont be bringing anymore people to be candidates....right?

and its too bad claire and smoke monster are together. but ill admit i was thrilled when she axed the other. good for her. now, just go back to being beautiful. all of the time.

Lock wasn't in a wheelchair when they met. Remember when she left him (initially), he was meeting his dad at the hotel. She caught up with him there and then left him because he was obsessed. Yeah, I was puzzled by her saying they should invite his dad, too. Wierd.

But we don't know how Locke lost the use of his legs in the "new" timeline.

so. hrm. if...no, nevermind. so then....sigh.

jack. has a kid. like a ten year old. did we know that? did i just forget?

so did jacob not really need to get someone to the island...

I think the whole mission was Jack. Jacob was just being elusive.

Also, I think the kid is 100% new. Remember that it was way back in time when they blew the nuke and things got reset, so pretty much their whole lives could be altered. At least that's my interpretation.

But we don't know how Locke lost the use of his legs in the "new" timeline.

Good point. Weird.

This is not going as I had hoped. This close to the finish, it seems like they should be tying up loose ends, not creating more questions!!

I did like how Jacob could see each of them at the lighthouse. Very cool.

and i wonder why or how things that happened on the island somehow corrected themselves years before...if not decades before. ie jacks appendix. he got it removed when he was 7 or 8, right? one would think he would need that removed in a few weeks after he lands at LAX...since he didnt have problems with it until weeks into his stay on the island. im still trying to wrap my head around how without the island, how differently our characters lives turned out. not just after they land, but how their entire lives changed even before the sydney flight without the influence of jacob coming to them.

I found it interesting that Jack appendix scar was on the complete opposite side of where his appendix would be.

The writers research and are pretty accurate with the scientific facts, so I don't think it was a mistake. (Could be kinda like me watching the show expecting to have answers by the end.) The scar is a mirror image of where the real scar would be.

I believe that is a difference in the "new" timeline.

I'm wondering who his mother is. I'm betting either Anna Lucia or Juliet.

Ex-wife. The lady who was his patient whose life he saved and they got married but then he was a workaholic etc etc it was way back seasons ago.

I initially thought that the explosion only changed the timeline from the plane crashing but now, I'm thinking it's like you're saying, Jordan, that the explosion reset the timeline so Jacob never touched any of them. In this case, yes, Jack could have a child, Locke would end up with Helen, Hurley is the luckiest man on earth, etc etc.

I'm not sure what the whole lighthouse thing was about. Nice excuse, "we weren't looking for it and that's why we never saw a giant tall structure in a relatively uninhabited island." What would have happened if Hurley moved the thing to 108? The numbers, the numbers!!!!! (scary)

Claire said her dad told her that the Others took her baby? Her dad is speaking to her therefore is alive even though he was dead-dead? OR! Maybe he's related to all this through Widmore - who we haven't heard about in a while....

Claire and ax killing and baby crib and creepy thing inside crib and gross hair (c'mon, everyone else seems to shower). Creepy.

Speaking of creepy - creepy child at the piano recital who ends up being Japanese Mysterioso man's child! ahhhhgh!

It was a pretty good episode, all in all. Lots of questions still but clarified a few things too:

1. There are other-others separate from the temple. They are on team Mocke.

2. Explosion prolly altered Jacob-line not plane-line.

3. Claire is alive-alive

Claire = Rousseau parallel?

Baby taken.

Traps around jungle.

Tent fortress full of goodies. Explosives.

But.

Even Rousseau looked cleaner than Claire. C'mon. She's the only one who doesn't shower.

Interesting also that Mocke knows that Kate took Aaron yet told her that the others took him....

Claire said her dad told her that the Others took her baby? Her dad is speaking to her therefore is alive even though he was dead-dead? OR! Maybe he's related to all this through Widmore - who we haven't heard about in a while....

Yeah, but probably her dad is not Jack's dad, just like her friend is NOT John Locke (even though he is). Her dad could then be another entity that looks like her/Jack's dad. Or it could be an entity that looks completely different. (scary)

Yeah, I'd say she's clearly the replacement for Rousseau. 'Course the others really did steal that baby.

Sayid episode. Awesome. "I can't be with you because I don't deserve you." Swoon. And then, it's "I'm killing everyone and smiling creepily."

Smokey is a subway train?

Why was the Japanese man the only thing protecting them? Does he have Jacob-like powers? If Japanese man dies then the powder they put around the temple is null?

ok so overall id have to say this was both a very boring episode and....A REALLY AWESOME EPISODE.

sayid whined alot. as per usual. but he finally took charge towards the end and became the sayid i used to adore. killing mercilessly. good sayid.

everything else may have melted yennas heart, but all i wanted, all i had ever wanted was soon to come.....

SMOKE MONSTER!

the guy comes in. makes his loud terrifying noises. knocks down trees. and wipes out an entire temple of people. with gusto. i giggled, i admit.

tad frustrated with how the last two episodes claimed ANSWERS WERE COMING and yet, absolutely nothing was explained. which is fine, im enjoying the ride. im just annoyed at the claims meant to appease the fans that end up ringing hollow.

keamy is so much more charming when hes being a smarmy little mob boss. i liked it. i also liked him being shot to death by sayid for being a smarmy little mob boss.

so my questions for this episode:

the large sum of cash that jin was carrying at the airport, was this owed to keamy, the head freighter guy? and if it was seized at the airport, is that why jin is now in a meat locker???

i dont really understand the relationship dogen and jacob had in preventing attacks of the smoke monster. so since jacob is dead, the smoke monster can leave the island. but now that dogen is dead, smoke monster can enter the temple? what powers of influence did dogen have?

so now locke has an army of people who believe hes going to lead them off the island. only jack, hurley, kate, llana and ben (and lapidus lolz) are left to....fight off a pillar of evil smoke incarnate and a bunch of forest hippy mortals?

i like where this is going.

ok so overall id have to say this was both a very boring episode and....A REALLY AWESOME EPISODE.

Boring gets my vote

sayid whined alot. as per usual. but he finally took charge towards the end and became the sayid i used to adore. killing mercilessly. good sayid.

So what you are saying is "good sayid" for you is actually bad sayid?

tad frustrated with how the last two episodes claimed ANSWERS WERE COMING and yet, absolutely nothing was explained.

I'm not fine with it and actually walked away several times this episode. The writers are starting to lose me which is hard to do because I have been pretty patient and have watched from the first episode (flame).

With only more questions, and only a few more episodes I really think it is going to be something where it is all in somebody's imagination

keamy is so much more charming when hes being a smarmy little mob boss. i liked it. i also liked him being shot to death by sayid for being a smarmy little mob boss.

As far as Keamy (name?) Christopher Walken called and said that look and acting style were so overdone in the 80's

so my questions for this episode:

the large sum of cash that jin was carrying at the airport, was this owed to keamy, the head freighter guy? and if it was seized at the airport, is that why jin is now in a meat locker???

That was my guess or Keamy was just a bad dude who likes eggs and if you deal with him you will end up dead

i dont really understand the relationship dogen and jacob had in preventing attacks of the smoke monster. so since jacob is dead, the smoke monster can leave the island. but now that dogen is dead, smoke monster can enter the temple? what powers of influence did dogen have?

Obviously Dogen's presence kept Smokey out of the temple. Apparently this entire Island is a big board game with specific rules.

a ben episode! those are usually fun.

i was glad we finally got a little taste of back story. what we learned may have been what we already assumed, but so be it. some answers are better than none. amirite?

richard. slave. from the black rock. ageless because jacob touched him. nice. that answers all those questions. now, lets have a richard episode and find out how the black rock not only landed on the island, but landed IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ISLAND.

jacob did touch all of our other lost characters though, we saw that when he showed how he interacted with all of them during critical moments of their pre island lives. so does that make the candidates all ageless? what about kate and sawyer, they were kids when jacob came to them.

and because jacob touched them, none of them are able to kill themselves? remember when michael tried and couldnt do it? good stuff. i think the only character that has willingly killed himself was charlie.

and jack. stopping dynamite. WITH HIS MIND! hes finally getting some confidence again. genuine confidence and not just the whiny, "well i guess ill take charge since everyone else wants me to be..."

so when bens dad mentions they went to the island and then left....did they leave when marvin candle evacuated the island? when miles and his mom left?

alex....in LA? looks like everyone still would find each other even if the island never brought them together....artz and ben at the same school as alex, with locke substituting...im sure jacks hospital must be just down the street as well as sayids brothers house.

i didnt think llana should have forgiven ben. i thought that was silly. when she chased him down and he grabbed a gun she should have just started firing. she no doubt would have been killed in a barrage of bullets, but her job is to protect the island from people like ben. not immediately throw up her hands and cower. ben is too easily forgiven for the things hes done. as much as i love him, hes still a monster of a human being.

i hope they employ the remaining polar bears to fight in the end battle.

whats at the hydra station that a smoke monster would need?

my mom was like, "a submarine?? really, a submarine???"

pfffft. why WOULDNT there have been a submarine. this is gearing up to be quite the battle if we are going to have team smoke monster vs team jacob vs team widmore.

unless he sides with a team. jacob said a friend was coming.

i love that miles dug up the diamonds. ha. great continuation of that story line.