Sign in to follow this  
R-3

$1 HDMI Cable?? For real?

I think there is a difference between HDMI cables. But unless you're a real videophile, I doubt anyone could really tell the difference. It also depends what you're running them to.

I think there is a difference between HDMI cables. But unless you're a real videophile' date=' I doubt anyone could really tell the difference. It also depends what you're running them to.[/quote']

It would be from a DVD player to a 50" Plasma 1080p. Any difference you think? I just like the idea of 1 cable :)

They sell the 1.3a higher speed HDMI cables

What is the difference? I am really new to all this AV stuff.

just to say the gold tips are a joke i install directv and we have problems with the gold tip and have never heard or a 1.3a hdmi cable, i have hdmi 1.3 for sale or trade if people are intrested.

Ryan get the ones from monoprice... they are quality. I have multiple ran in the walls here and they are super cheap and work perfectly and the are all dif colors so I dont have to label them.

I agree with the the monoprice cables. Have only heard good things about them. Yon can notice a difference in cables on my parents tv. Blueray going to a pioneer elite. Even my mom could notice the difference in the blacks in movies between the cables.

My 40 footer for my projector was well over $100 and not the top of the line. Can't say it was the bottom either. If you go to Best Buy they will make you one to the size ya need so you don't get a 6 foot for a install that needs 37 inches.

We almost bought an $80 8' cable when we got our PS3 last week. I didn't know any better, but then at the line to the register was a $20 6' cable, I wish I would have known about cheaper.

The $20 works great to me, I don't have anything to compare it to, but the pcture looks good.

Okay so the deal with the $1 cable is that its really $5 shipped no matter how many you buy. I was gonn abuy $5 but had to pay $20 to ship :) I guess I will be checking out that monoprice!

Definitely monoprice. NEVER EVER EVER buy a HDMI cable for more than 5 or 10 bucks. They are NOT better quality, its all in the marketing.

Just a thought if you are local to Hillsboro there is a place called PCHCables, down by the airport, has good prices on his cables and has local pickup to save on shipping...you can check out his website same name just add .com...

p.s. In no way affiliated way with this company, just one that I tend to use from time to time…

I've used Monster, Phillips, JVC, and Whyotsue-ok I made the last one up-anyway no visible difference on any I saw-

1080P bluray to a 1080P DLP Samsung set-no difference I saw other than one being about 75.00 dollars higher than the low end-

I bought a 6 foot HDMI at Frys last Friday for 4.95 to hook up my PC to my TV- wanted to check out media player and all those Blu ray Movies I ripped to my hard drive-That lasted about 10 mins.

Maybe when Solid State drives come out-but at 50gig a movie, even though I have 2-1 TB HD's, thats not alot of movies

PC is back in my "office" now-LOL

IMO-HDMI is HDMI, pay for the name if you want

I'm no AV expert or guru, but from all the different HDMI cables I have, they all look the same to me on my TV. I have a 65" DLP and all pix looks crystal clear. :) I have cables that cost $15 to $180 (Monster) and they look the same. I don't see any picture degradation, but the images are moving to fast for me to pick out a pixel that is off. Maybe it looks good under an ocilloscope, but I don't watch my TV through that.

But if you are running say 100ft of HDMI cable through a wall where there's electrical cable, then I would spend more for the shielding. But for up to 3ft - 6ft, I don't believe you will see any issues. But what do I know.. I stare at my tank all day and that's HD. :)