FS or trade 48" dual 250w HQI

Up for grabs is Aqua Medic Aquastarlight Future 2 x 250W + Moonlight

100_0322.jpg

I have decided that I need to go with retrofit lighting over my prop system where I had intended to use this.

The fixture is used and I purchased it about a month ago on ebay. It seems to be in great condition and just needs replacement bulbs as the ones that came with it were definately done.

This is a very modern and well built fixture from Germany. It was imported by its original owner who wanted a sleak, all inclusive fixture. The fixture has the ballasts built in and comes with hanging cables so that you can literally suspend it right above your tank without having a canopy. You could also place it inside a canopy if you like.

I would like to sell this so that I can purchase a couple of 250w ballasts, reflectors, moguls, and bulbs to retrofit over my tanks. If somone has a couple/few 250w ballasts, reflectors, moguls, bulbs, etc. that they would like to trade for a nice sleak fixture, send me a pm and we can discuss.

This thing retails for around $700 but does not come with bulbs and was used for about 1.5 years.

I am looking to get $300 for the fixture and hanging kit or a similar retrofit setup.

Here are some links:

http://www.onlineaquariumstore.com/acatalog/Aquamedic_Aquastarlight_Future_2___250W_unit_double_lamp___120cm.html

http://www.aquariuskoi.com/acatalog/Aquamedic_Lighting_Controllers.html

Thanks and send me a pm with any questions,

Garrett

you know,..... you can actually gut that thing super easy. it has everything you seem to be asking for, except its double ended, is that an issue? those ballast, and starters in it are the best german ones you can get. i dont think we can even buy the parts in the u.s. straight out.... i got ripped by "algblenny on a 48" fixture", after pulling it apart i have a bunch of sellable parts. i do have two re-wired working hqi ballasts along w double ended sockets, and reflectors if you might want. i still have all the fixture, in one form or another. hahahah... i am still debating on dropping it off at his house and collecting my 3 bills however. let me know if you can use any of it.

seems i have accidentally erased some sentences of my reply. i bought a used 48" fixture from a member off r.c, its a finnex and non functional. i currently use this exact aquamedic and its very nice..... i was merely stating that the components in this are the best available, all german, not chinese. (sunlights nice but starters are chinese) a person could use all the parts in the aquamedic as a retrofit if they wanted too......i was offering a suggestion for garrettm85 on how to save money by just dismantling it and that i had some extra parts that are usuable if he would like em? i do apologize, for my miscommunication....my "mistake" guys.