Looking for a new or used 72" hanging light fixture

Queen Angel

Im looking for a good deal on a hanging light fixture that has maybe 3- 250w metal halides and moonlights.

I was going to make a canopy for the 3 metal halides I have now but was thinking maybe I would like the look of a hanging light fixture. I have my metal halides in my old 125 canopy on my 220 tank right now. Looks a little hokey from the side view.

If anyone has any good ideas where to look let me know.

Thanks,

Tammy

After talking to a few knowledgable people, I have decided to go with a light that has T5 bulbs and maybe moonlights. I am fish only with live rock and softies. I have metal halides only for the shimmer.

So if anyone has a used 72" T5 hanging light fixture that they would like to sell....

Thanks,

Tammy

The only 72" T5 fixture is the Nova Extreme Pro from Current USA. Or I should say the only one that is out there that is half way descent quality. Even at cost, it is going to be more than you want to spend. And they have not been out long enough to have a bunch of used ones for sale yet. It might work out better to do a 72" fixture with (4) of the 96 watt pc bulbs. There is a few good companies that make those and there is a much better chance of finding a used on of those than of the T5 fixture. I urge you to exercise caution on a used one with the bulb life. It seems like alot of people advertise their used fixture with relatively NEW bulbs in it. Just be careful (fingers)

Jason

Yeah I remember you telling me to watch out for buying used. I didnt know that the T5 were still new to the market. I really dont know much about lights at all (obviously)

I guess Im just being lazy and not wanting to build a canopy for the lights I have. But also I figured I would save money if I wasnt powering three 250 watt bulbs. I have cut my hours they are on because of that. Another thing I thought would be nice is if the lights were hanging and not in a canopy it would give me room to work in my tank. I was half thinking of making a hanging canopy just for the lights, but looking at the reflectors, it would have to be pretty big. I like the sleek look of the ones with built in lights and moonlights.

Thanks Jason

Tammy