Dark clouds over my school

Mr S

Today I was informed that the electricity would be shut off at my school for 8 weeks this summer. For those of you who have visited my classroom you can see the dilemma that I am in. I plan on selling all of my livestock and LR so that I can buy new stuff in August and I am also setting up a 55 gal at my house for the big stuff that I want to keep. The problem is that I need a small tank, like an Aquapod, etc. with good enough lights to keep my cool stuff under them. Does anyone out there in PNWMAS land have such a set up. I have a heater but that is it. I am looking to borrow something for the summer or a really super buy or a donation that I could then give you a tax right off form for. Thanks in advance.

Roger (Mr. S)

ps. I guess I see this as a good thing. It is probably time that I cleaned house. Sterilized everything, etc.

I can loan you the TFT aquapod that I have in my classroom right now for the summer. It only has PC lights, but it should keep most stuff (not anemones) alive.

I could also take some of the sutff at my house if you want me to hold onto it for you.

dsoz

I cant seem to sell my halide setup to save my life. if you can borrow a 250 hqi ballast from someone you can borrow my light rig for the summer, it will give you more than enough light for a holding tank. I have a used bulb i can put in it too, so really the ballast is literally all you need.

Roger,

Give me a call if you need a place to house some of your livestock and whatnot. I have a few hundred gallons of free space at the moment and am sure that it will take me a while to even come close to filling a quarter of the space that I have to fill. :D

I would love to see you keep what you can/want to and if I can provide a temperary home for you I would be happy to do so.

Give me a call or send me a PM so we can chat about what you are planning on getting rid of and what you plan on keeping. I would likely be interested in aquireing some of your rock, algae, inverts, etc.

Garrett

At this point I have no idea on prices. Still kind of in a daze. Thanks for all the help so far. I will be contacting people. At present I have to deal with a huge plant sale next Thursday and then I can focus my mind on the aquariums. Thanks again.

I think you should save as much as possible by finding temp homes as Garrett said. mY 210 IS WATER TESTED AND GOING TO BE SALT WATER(clap) I don't need any live rock to buy but I would be glad to put your's in the sump and keep it for you till fall. YOU ARE GOING TO RESET UP???!!!!

You will have more personall time this summer. Be able to re arrange/change it with it all empty. I would think if you have your rock and kritters ect. ready for you it would be fast to resetup in the fall. Only sell off what you will not NEED. Don't sell off stuff your just going to have to replace. Let's get the tank setup in just a couple of days, or less. The kids can get right into it.

I'll be glad to help you out as needed. Tearing down, cleaning, or setting up. 3 cheers for the teachers(clap)(clap)(clap) We as A club will be there:p

A Request For Help!

Today I was informed that the electricity would be shut off at my school for 8 weeks this summer. For those of you who have visited my classroom you can see the dilemma that I am in. I plan on selling all of my livestock and LR so that I can buy new stuff in August and I am also setting up a 55 gal at my house for the big stuff that I want to keep. The problem is that I need a small tank, like an Aquapod, etc. with good enough lights to keep my cool stuff under them. Does anyone out there in PNWMAS land have such a set up. I have a heater but that is it. I am looking to borrow something for the summer or a really super buy or a donation that I could then give you a tax right off form for. Thanks in advance.

Roger (Mr. S)

ps. I guess I see this as a good thing. It is probably time that I cleaned house. Sterilized everything, etc.

As you all can see, Roger needs to tear all this down before school closes in June for the Summer.

He is asking for a 24 Gallon Aquapod w/150W MH lighting. This is a big change from the large tank he has now, and he is next on the list to receive a tank from TFT.

We have just purchased an Aquapod from one of our generous sponsors for Ryan Lenz "DoughPat". While PNWMAS is not in any financial difficulty, we need to stay within our budget. We have our June speaker to pay for, August BBQ, a possibility of an October Speaker, and Christmas Party.

What I am asking is if anyone has either a new or very good condition Aquapod w/150W MH lighting they can help us with for an affordable price, or send a PM to Roger about possibly buying or trading for some of his livestock, equipment, etc.

In the meantime, I will be busy asking our PNWMAS Sponsors for Donations and Sponsorship Renewals for our June Meeting!

Roger needs some help now before June with all this!