Mark's 11 gallon office nano

gawf4fun

I've just joined your forum a couple days ago and have posted my 180 gallon details on the member tank forum. Now its time to share my little office nano tank. I've had this baby running for 4 years + now, but just recently upgraded the lighting to a Coralife 150 watt MH pendant from 2 x 18 watt power compacts. I was previously satisfied with softies and shrooms, but now that I've caught the LPS and SPS bug, this wasn't going to do.

I also dumped the CPR refugium and dual powerheads for a Tunze 9002 skimmer and a Tunze 6025 powerhead. Woo hoo! Here's some, (often out of focus) pics of the new system as well as some of the inhabitants.

11gallonnanofts.jpg

tricolorzoas.jpg

sixlineandshroom.jpg

greentipbirdsnest.jpg

nanocoralshot.jpg

bluetipacroporacloseup.jpg

hairymushroomcloseup.jpg

Your comments and constructive criticisms are welcome. I look forward to more opportunities to post pics of goodies in the future. (clap)

Thanks,

mark

Sweet little nano! I've wanted to do one at my office for a long time, but i'm afraid the building has such crappy heating/cooling that it would cook over the weekend. My office often gets into the 80s while just outside the door (5ft away) its at 67.

How do you handle evap?

Sweet little nano! I've wanted to do one at my office for a long time, but i'm afraid the building has such crappy heating/cooling that it would cook over the weekend. My office often gets into the 80s while just outside the door (5ft away) its at 67.

How do you handle evap?

Thanks Impur (have I pronounced that correctly?) (laugh)

As I'm at the office everyday (sad), I keep a bucket of RO water and add about 2 - 3 cups per day. The temperature has been pretty stable at 79 degrees both before and after the lighting upgrade. I think having the open top and the pendant allows for good airflow which cools the water. having said that, I haven't experienced the summer with this new ligting, but with an air-conditioned office, the only impact I'll likely see is the company electrical bill. (and that's a write-off, woo hoo)(clap)

mark