Skimmer Break in

TAD

Yesterday I ordered my MSX 200. It will be here on Wednesday or Thursday I hope. I did order one last week but Nick called me back and told me they were at least 2 weeks out from his supplier.

So I am wondering what kind of break in period you all recommend. I have heard of the vinegar water but never heard what ratio to use and how long? So any tips tricks or hints would be great. Thanks

I'm reading along in preparation of receiving my new skimmer (the octo twin of the one you are getting).

After the vinegar bath to remove oils and such, many people on RC seem to run the skimmer in saltwater taken from their tank via waterchange, sometimes also adding skimmate from another skimmer to it.

I'm reading along in preparation of receiving my new skimmer (the octo twin of the one you are getting).

After the vinegar bath to remove oils and such, many people on RC seem to run the skimmer in saltwater taken from their tank via waterchange, sometimes also adding skimmate from another skimmer to it.

+1 on this. I have heard some pretty good results from following this method.